Neo

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. | August 14, 2015 | Comic-Con Trailer on Page 21!

Cavill is just another Chris Evans, Hemsworth, and Tom Holland, Cumberbatch, Gadot and the dude that plays Black Panther will join the list soon. These people can't open a movie.

Pratt, RDJ, Scarlett have proved otherwise. In certain roles they draw. Even The Judge would have probably done far far less without RDJ.

Cavill is just another Chris Evans, Hemsworth, and Tom Holland, Cumberbatch, Gadot and the dude that plays Black Panther will join the list soon. These people can't open a movie.

Pratt, RDJ, Scarlett have proved otherwise. In certain roles they draw. Even The Judge would have probably done far far less without RDJ.

Robert Downey Jr. can't draw. Deal with it.

• Like 3

What do you mean TOM HOLLAND? Lol, why is he even on the list?

Also, I don't think Pratt was the reason why JW, GOTG, and even THE LEGO MOVIE opened well.

It's basically about concepts now, though I'm not saying the popularity of actors doesn't play a role anymore.

MOS opened big. Was that because of Cavill? Obviously not. But you can say the same thing to almost all, if not all comic book movies.

• Like 1

Due Date? I just finished watching that movie and realized it grossed 100M.

Speaking of which, funniest moment was that Two and a Half Men scene at the end.

Due Date was a success mainly because of its HANGOVER connections (director, writer, producers, star).

Anyway, the biggest actor in the world opening a movie to 30M? Not exactly great...

Edited by Tree-5000
  • Like 1

Did you guys actually read what I said or just stopped at Holland? I said in the future. Not now. He is a 0 right now, wtf. 

I think RDJ draws. Put another actor in the same role in The Judge and it would have opened with half. Real draws don't exist anymore. 

Did you guys actually read what I said or just stopped at Holland? I said in the future. Not now. He is a 0 right now, wtf. 

I think RDJ draws. Put another actor in the same role in The Judge and it would have opened with half. Real draws don't exist anymore. 

Are people forgetting RDJ was in Sherlock Holmes?

You said soon and the soonest film he'll lead is the SPIDER-MAN reboot. And even if you meant "future", don't you think it's too early to say? I just thought it was an overreaction on your part.

Also, if RDJ indeed draws, THE JUDGE should have made more. The same thing for CHEF.

But just like what I said, it's more about the movies now as a whole and not just the actors.

You said soon and the soonest film he'll lead is the SPIDER-MAN reboot. And even if you meant "future", don't you think it's too early to say? I just thought it was an overreaction on your part.

Also, if RDJ indeed draws, THE JUDGE should have made more. The same thing for CHEF.

But just like what I said, it's more about the movies now as a whole and not just the actors.

RDJ was barely in Chef. But I'll give you the Judge. The movie was crap though.

Don't you know that was all because of Guy Richie? Just look at his track record and movies like this one...  Or it's because of all those other Holmes movies making $500m+  (maybe combined)  And we all know Iron Man was always at the top of the A list of superhero characters and RDJ is just rising his coattails to a $1.2b movie.   :wacko: 

• Like 2

Don't you know that was all because of Guy Richie? Just look at his track record and movies like this one...  Or it's because of all those other Holmes movies making $500m+  (maybe combined)  And we all know Iron Man was always at the top of the A list of superhero characters and RDJ is just rising his coattails to a $1.2b movie.   :wacko:

Yeah I think people just forget about those movies when they say RDJ is not a draw absolutely. 

He was. But those and the IM movies were high profile ones. His most recent films, that aren't IM or SH failed to crack 50 M. But then again that is expected because of their limited audience.

He had a one scene cameo in a small budgeted indie as a favor to Favreu.  Scarlett also doing a favor even had a bigger role but hardly anyone even mentioned it because it wasn't as memorable.

It's never JUST been about actor.  Even Cary Grant couldn't draw his audience to every movie.  Cruise and Smith couldn't during the height of their box office popularity   But to deny RDJ has star power and claim he isn't a draw pretty much denies that any actor is right now.

• Like 1

He had a one scene cameo in a small budgeted indie as a favor to Favreu.  Scarlett also doing a favor even had a bigger role but hardly anyone even mentioned it because it wasn't as memorable.

It's never JUST been about actor.  Even Cary Grant couldn't draw his audience to every movie.  Cruise and Smith couldn't during the height of their box office popularity   But to deny RDJ has star power and claim he isn't a draw pretty much denies that any actor is right now.

That's what I said. I also said that the popularity of an actor/actress can still play a role. When I said 'draw' I was talking about the drawing power of some actors like Cruise or Smith before which we rarely see these days.

Edited by kayumanggi