Noctis

Do you miss Harry Potter?

I miss the anticipation. All the discussion and wondering how they'll portray things onscreen, the feeling of seeing a great trailer for the first time, the feeling of experiencing each film for the very first time, as opposed to knowing it by heart on my 12th viewing.

• Like 2

Potter was my friend and my lover. He was gentle yet strong. When he felt like teasing me he would put on his invisibility cloak and come at me from behind. There's nothing like having all your clothes ripped off by a 19 year old invisible wizard.I miss him dearly.

• Like 11

Potter was my friend and my lover. He was gentle yet strong. When he felt like teasing me he would put on his invisibility cloak and come at me from behind. There's nothing like having all your clothes ripped off by a 19 year old invisible wizard.

I miss him dearly.

Never fear Baumer, you still have this to look forward to you to come at you from behind!

Posted Image

• Like 1

I stopped reading the books in middle school. I saw every film in theaters, enjoyed most of them, admired the craft and performances on display, and otherwise promptly forgot about them. Notable exception was POA which works better as a film than any of these movies.

I thought DH1 was your favorite?

One of my preferred efforts out of the series for sure, but it's not a complete film, and the second part let me down (though it's still okay). Edited by Gopher

This may be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I love PoA (trust me, I really do), I personally find HBP a stronger adaptation. Better writing and better acting. Score of HBP is the only let-down. Wandlit vigil, Slughorn's story, the hourglass, seeing Draco's journey, In Noctem...they're such inspired scenes.

• Like 1

No, because it's not like all copies of the books and films disappeared.

This. Do I miss that there's not a new movie or book coming out? Sure to some extent. But if JK needs to buy an island I'm sure we'll see a new book.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I love PoA (trust me, I really do), I personally find HBP a stronger adaptation. Better writing and better acting.

Meh. IMO HBP a boring book where one thing happens. The writing/acting is fine given the material but the book lends itself least to film adaptation out of the seven. POA has the best hook (the time travel element) in the entire series and the best director in the entire series (I respect the work Yates did but Curaon put his stamp on the material). In a series that was becoming tedious by OOTP/HBP it was nice to see a fresh take on the series.