A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

18 minutes ago, Gamora said:

I was looking on the local cinema site for upcoming releases and saw this on both the NZ and Aussie sites as being released here on 3rd January, is that correct? https://www.eventcinemas.co.nz/Movie/How-To-Train-Your-Dragon-The-Hidden-World

If true it does make sense since the New Year period is the middle of summer school holidays but that's a lot earlier than I'd expect an "early" release.

That's true. IMDB has the US as one of the last countries to get the movie, as just about every other market will get the film in January or early February. Not exactly sure why, but I guess Universal knows what it's doing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

That's true. IMDB has the US as one of the last countries to get the movie, as just about every other market will get the film in January or early February. Not exactly sure why, but I guess Universal knows what it's doing.

Oh nice. It's a good time for us since the parents will be off work for the next 1-2 weeks as well so it'll make as much as it's gonna then.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Oh nice. It's a good time for us since the parents will be off work for the next 1-2 weeks as well so it'll make as much as it's gonna then.

That 1-2 week period is gonna be hectic. Aquaman, Mary Poppins, Ralph Breaks the Internet and Spiderverse are all coming out around then, plus Bumblebee holding over and some smaller releases like The Favourite and Vice. 

• Like 1