CJohn

Weekend Actuals (Taken 2 - 49.5M, Hotel Transylvania - 27.05M)

How does Taken 2 double Takens OW yet The Expendables 2 can't even match the first movie??? Box office is a cruel place.

Sequels benefit from their predecessor or pay for the first movie not being good. Taken had amazing word of mouth and became something of a pop-culture phenomenon (especially the phone scene). "The Expendables" on the other hand had mixed word of mouth, it was mostly "Cool to see everyone on screen together, but the movie was okay overall", not the perfect scenario to get an increased opening weekend. Something very similar happened with "Tomb Raider", people wanted a Lara Croft movie so they went to see it, but it wasn't what they expected so they kept away from the sequel.

Taken2 Sat should be close 19.1, in general most of the films in top 10 Sat shouldn't be too far off what Nikki was given (Frank pdont see it hiting 5m), atm can't be stuffed posting :) and estimates be out soon enough anyway

• Like 6

I don't really care what other people think. I don't let it influence my enjoyment or non enjoyment of the film. I might hate it. But I might love it. I will go in with a open mind.

• Like 7

You guys have to realize that I am about 15 to 20 years older than most of you. So my taste in movies is naturally going to be different then yours.

• Like 2

Taken2 Sat should be close 19.1, in general most of the films in top 10 Sat shouldn't be too far off what Nikki was given (Frank pdont see it hiting 5m), atm can't be stuffed posting :) and estimates be out soon enough anyway

Great for Taken 2. It should hit 50M+ for the OW and it still has an outside shot at taking the October record.

So does Taken 2 mean Neeson now is the biggest draw among all the 60-ish years old actors ?

Of course not.

Unknown made only $63m. If Neeson was such an attraction, that would have made Taken numbers. It's Luc Besson's production and the Taken brand that is popular.

If Neeson makes a non-Taken action movie that makes more than $103m, then I'll agree that he's the biggest 60-something action actor.

Of course not.

Unknown made only $63m. If Neeson was such an attraction, that would have made Taken numbers. It's Luc Besson's production and the Taken brand that is popular.

If Neeson makes a non-Taken action movie that makes more than $103m, then I'll agree that he's the biggest 60-something action actor.

Then who else is bigger draw ?