CJohn

Weekend Actuals (Taken 2 - 49.5M, Hotel Transylvania - 27.05M)

• Founder / Operator

W.O.M. doesn't kick in until after opening weekend.

Depends on the film and size of the audience. Twitter and Facebook (especially the former) can make or break a film's word of mouth, and we've seen that take effect within 24-48 hours for some films over the past couple of years. Inception being an example for the better, Devil Inside and Last Airbender being examples for the worse.With Taken 2, its questionable. Social media tends to skew younger, so films with big shares of young audiences (under 30) are more susceptible IMO.
  • Like 1

Taken 2 wasn't a great film, but it wasn't terrible like some people are making out.And I don't know where you're getting the notion that it's target audience is 12 year old wannabe gangsters. The showing I was at yesterday was full of perfectly normal young adults and middle aged people.

• Like 1

Taken 2 wasn't a great film, but it wasn't terrible like some people are making out.And I don't know where you're getting the notion that it's target audience is 12 year old wannabe gangsters. The showing I was at yesterday was full of perfectly normal young adults and middle aged people.

Come on lets be serious....it's not going after the brain is it