Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

^^^^ David O. Russell is great at getting the most out of his actors but he is an above-average director otherwise. I have never been wowed by any of his work so far. It doesn't help that he is a douchebag in real life.

• Like 2

both girls look absolutely stunning

other posters

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/american-hustle-character-posters_n_4037759.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

as 4 DOR I love The fighter & Huckabees

others i wont feel like rewatching

found SLP really overrated

There was a screening btw

Some praise 4 Cooper & Lawrence

too bad Renner is out :(

• Like 1

DOR's first four films are all more risky, interesting, and ambitious, and his first three are also a lot better, than his last two. It seems like Huckabees' failure really burned him badly if he had to take a 6-year break afterwards and resort to making very Academy- and audience-friendly movies. Nothing too wrong with that - we could always use more smart adult movies that appeal both to the public and to the critics - but it feels like he's compromising (looking at you, third act of SLP) whereas back in the day he could afford not to and come up with some really great stuff. Spanking the Monkey is still the best thing he ever did, and I'm still not entirely sure how something like Three Kings could get made for $75 million and then actually make a lot of that money back domestically.  

• Like 5

both girls look absolutely stunning

other posters

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/american-hustle-character-posters_n_4037759.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

as 4 DOR I love The fighter & Huckabees

others i wont feel like rewatching

found SLP really overrated

There was a screening btw

Some praise 4 Cooper & Lawrence

too bad Renner is out

Hey Leyla.  What do you mean about Renner?

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

What "should" have happened in the third act of SLP?

People bashing the third act of SLP are so cute. It also shows they just didn't understand the movie ( & book for that matter) really well.

I think Tiffany Maxwell should have dodged the dancing competion and slit her wrists than asked Pat to drink her blood as a proof of love. Then Tiffany, touched by Pat's love, buys a chainsaw at Wallmart and kill Pat's entire family and relatives.

The End

No wonder stuck up cinephiles think 500 Days of Summer is the only worthy rom com in recent years because you know it doesn't have the feel good, happy ending the genre is reknown-berated for so it is edgy then it makes it automaticaly good.

I mean is there any serious pseudo cinephile that put a movie with rom com trope in their all time top 100 ? Don't think so ... The genre is considered like plague by serious, stuck up people.