Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Some people need to chill in here. LOL.

The moves Zaslav is making either are going to be legendary in a few years or the worst in history.

They know HBO is their juggernaut and they are going to give it even more emphasis now.

It sucks that we are not gonna get new scripted shows exclusive to the streaming service though.

this is the most abject denial I’ve seen in quite some time 

14 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

…well he’s attempting to mimic the Disney model now with his silos and such. It will be another failed attempt at Warner trying to scale up and try to be Disney. But they’re set on attempting it so we just gotta wait for it to unfold. The news of their UK content is a pretty bad sign. 

Disney+ actually spends money on their content. They don’t rely on cheap reality shows to draw people in. If Zaslav wants to mimic the Disney model, he’d have to put actual time and money into his company’s content, which he clearly isn’t interested in. Of course, trying to mimic Disney was always a stupid idea. It was stupid when AT&T tried it, and it’s even stupider now that Discovery is trying it. 

6 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

this is the most abject denial I’ve seen in quite some time 

Bruh...

HBO is a brand and has nothing to do with HBO Max or their new streaming service.

Even in the previous page in the thread there is a quote that describes Casey Bloys as the winner in all of this (he just signed a 5 year renewal few weeks ago btw).

Just now, stephanos13 said:

Bruh...

HBO is a brand and has nothing to do with HBO Max or their new streaming service.

Even in the previous page in the thread there is a quote that describes Casey Bloys as the winner in all of this (he just signed a 5 year renewal few weeks ago btw).

HBO is a premium cable network, and cable in general is rapidly becoming irrelevant. Streaming is the future. 

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

No one is destroying anything. The Snydercult seems to think that but the reason the movies have had an uphill battle is because that idiot Snyder made an awful trilogy. I love MoS but Snyder should have never been allowed to make Justice League. Keep him far far away and this new approach is great

The Snyderites  are more and more resembling some wierd religious cult in their denial of reality

Reality is most people did not like the Snyderverse. They just can't accept that.

And as Weintrabu said, he is NOT coming back.

I don't see Shazam! moving unless they really want IMAX/PLF screens (which they won't be getting this Christmas due to Avatar having those on lock for a while). It's a perfect, smaller scale counterprogramming option anyway since the holidays always allow for multiple movies to thrive.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

HBO is a premium cable network, and cable in general is rapidly becoming irrelevant. Streaming is the future. 

Please explain to me how streaming is the future.

What company has a successful streaming service that makes money for them?

- Netflix stock is at the same as it was 4 and a half years ago.

- Disney+ -> “The [Disney] streaming segment overall lost $887 million in the most recent quarter, and its losses have totaled more than $6 billion since the launch of Disney+.”

- Peacock $467 million losses.

- Paramount -> Free cash flow was only $481 million last year, a decline from almost $1.9 billion in 2020. The overall shift to streaming is “permanently depressing the profitability of the industry,” warned one media agency vet

- Apple and Amazon -> No comment, they are just dumping money.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Geez at this point Batman 2 might release before any of these films.

I've got a feeling the spin offs are dead. If so, how will that impact the relationship with Reeves for TB2? 

Oh, just give in and make a Batman Beyond movie and have the Justice League set in the future, as Superman, WW and Aquaman wouldn't even recasting (well... Two out of three at least). 

If I get a Batman Beyond movie with Blade Runner aesthetics I'll be happy. 

Hell, I'll even accept that dumb twink Chamalet as Terry. 

Edited by reddevil19

6 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Please explain to me how streaming is the future.

What company has a successful streaming service that makes money for them?

- Netflix stock is at the same as it was 4 and a half years ago.

- Disney+ -> “The [Disney] streaming segment overall lost $887 million in the most recent quarter, and its losses have totaled more than $6 billion since the launch of Disney+.”

- Peacock $467 million losses.

- Paramount -> Free cash flow was only $481 million last year, a decline from almost $1.9 billion in 2020. The overall shift to streaming is “permanently depressing the profitability of the industry,” warned one media agency vet

- Apple and Amazon -> No comment, they are just dumping money.

How much money do you think cable is making these days?