Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Looks like Fox News style programming is dying a very quick death in the UK. Praise God.

If you don’t know: this was meant to be a new right-wing nonsense news channel. The problem is our media standards people, OfCom, doesn’t really allow for fringe-conspiracy style reporting of Fox News, and frankly as an audience the U.K. just isn’t that used to that style of Broadcasting (the US versions of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are just insane to me - heavy opinion broadcasting just isn’t a thing here). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Looks like Fox News style programming is dying a very quick death in the UK. Praise God.

If you don’t know: this was meant to be a new right-wing nonsense news channel. The problem is our media standards people, OfCom, doesn’t really allow for fringe-conspiracy style reporting of Fox News, and frankly as an audience the U.K. just isn’t that used to that style of Broadcasting (the US versions of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are just insane to me - heavy opinion broadcasting just isn’t a thing here). 

FN, CNN, MSNBC they all brainwash their viewership. One America News is probably THE worst "news" outlet in the USA. You may as well call it the KKK network, with the garbage that is on it.

I'd say the most middleground and that's not saying much is ABC but honestly the most reliable and honest reports of anything going on in the USA is BBC News because they have no bias or agenda when reporting stuff in the USA. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJG said:

It's really not, though.

While they are struggling, they've now secured extra financing and their audience has been growing. Not only that, but TalkTV is also gaining. So you have two right-wing populist channels. While not massive, they're still hanging on

And with the Tories basically trying to out-Ron DeSantis each other in the leadership race, expect a further lurch right, with the base for these channels solidifying as well. As horrible as GB News is, TalkTV is even worse, as that's actually Murdoch-backed and will go the distance, financing-wise.

And isn't GB News bringing on the air shows from the editors/columnists of the Mail and Telegraph? They're only digging in deeper and getting worse. I wish I shared your outlook regarding their short life expectancy, but I remain pessimistic. All I can hope for is that its base, while bitter and disgusting, solidifies and doesn't expand. Let 2 million arseholes foam at the mouth in their echo chamber.

Edited by reddevil19

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

This is a great piece that highlights a lot of Anti-Trust issues and of course representational concerns implied when a corporate parent simply decides to dump all the previous regime's work -- despite much of it being diverse, engaging, popular, with potential.  Bad look.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

This is a great piece that highlights a lot of Anti-Trust issues and of course representational concerns implied when a corporate parent simply decides to dump all the previous regime's work -- despite much of it being diverse, engaging, popular, with potential.  Bad look.  

Yes, but so is bankruptcy because of debt.

I think Zaslev is making some bad decisions, but anybody in his situation would have to make painful cuts.

Warners cannot go on spending the way it has in the past and survive.. End of story.

• Like 2

Serious question; I know WB was struggling quite a bit under AT&T, but compared to the trajectory that WBD seems to be heading in, was the AT&T run really that big of a disaster? The 2021 day and date strategy did manage to sever WB’s long-standing relationship with Christopher Nolan, but that seemed like the only lasting damage the decision had for the studio. In comparison, Zaslav seems to be pissing off just about everybody. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 10:45 PM, lorddemaxus said:

This is probably best for everyone. AT&T would've run the company into the ground in a couple years time. The guys running that company seem like absolute idiots. The fact that they're selling it off so soon is really funny tho.

L + Ratio

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

They at least partially had the pandemic to blame for that. 

Using even the most reasonable judgement, it was much worse than it ever should have been.

Wow now Zaslav is going after classic like Sesame Street, hopefully he doesn't touch the classics like Scooby Doo and all the old Cartoon Network shows.

This is becoming really embarrassing for WB and the person brings up a great point, Zaslav has this vision for how he sees WBD. What happens when everything he's done turns off those big creators or actors from working with him?

Cause every creator and actor is seeing what Zaslav is doing right now and is probably making a decision on whether they want to go into business with this man who clearly has no understanding of how Hollywood works.

It's becoming very clear to me that Zaslav is in over his head. Now will he step down before he completely destroys WB or will he just take WB down with him?

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

This is becoming really embarrassing for WB and the person brings up a great point, Zaslav has this vision for how he sees WBD. What happens when everything he's done turns off those big creators or actors from working with him?

Just pump out more spinoffs of 90 Day Fiancé, it'll be totally fine! /s

I get that Warner Discovery has a crushing amount of debt and they probably don't have a lot of good options in reducing it. But is Zaslav really choosing the least bad option? I doubt it.