Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Canceling Batgirl will not lead to this merge lol. These "industry observers" (a bunch of idiots) have been saying this will happen since AT&T.

Batgirl along didn't cause this, but it's hard to argue that canceling it and several projects at Warner Bros has caused uncertainty to grow.

7 minutes ago, JWR said:

Batgirl along didn't cause this, but it's hard to argue that canceling it and several projects at Warner Bros has caused uncertainty to grow.

No, the debt they're in is causing uncertainty to grow. They're still not merging with another studio. If we're seeing a sale of WBD, it's going to be in parts.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, the debt they're in is causing uncertainty to grow. They're still not merging with another studio. If we're seeing a sale of WBD, it's going to be in parts.

Oh I agree that the Comcast merger isn't happening. Especially when they're already $90 billion in debt.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Shouldn’t there some antitrust laws that would prevent Comcast from buying out Warner Bros Discovery? Or do antitrust laws just not exist anymore? 

ding ding ding.

(well, not exactlybut objections to "vertical integration"/Paramount Decree ain't what they used to be)

As in, last I heard the Paramount Decree is all but dead/dying/gonna be dead after a sunset period and I haven't heard much in the last two years that would say otherwise.  

If anyone knows differently, I'd be glad to hear it.

10 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Pray circle for WBD to sell DC to apple. 

Outside of memes (and hopes/dreams) on this board, is there actually any indication Apple is looking in that direction?  I know they were rumored to be interested in A24, but I haven't actually heard much about Apple looking elsewhere.

Or is this more a "Apple should be looking for more content for their service", and a DC acquisition is as big as any they might see in the near/medium term future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Outside of memes (and hopes/dreams) on this board, is there actually any indication Apple is looking in that direction?  I know they were rumored to be interested in A24, but I haven't actually heard much about Apple looking elsewhere.

Or is this more a "Apple should be looking for more content for their service", and a DC acquisition is as big as any they might see in the near/medium term future.

Ya, this is just my hopes(cause I’m not impressed with Zaslav at all), I’ve seen no indication that they’ve shown any interest.

I guess I just think they have so much money they could make a very good offer for an IP like DC. It could be huge potential for them, games for their IPhones, shows for their streamers and they could make movies, honestly if they’re interested I’d prefer they just buy all of WB but again, this is all just me hoping. 

• Like 1