Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

3 hours ago, Grebacio said:

It's amazing how the DCEU behind the scenes stories are way more entertaining than the movies.

I want Warner to green light a dozen of new projects just to have more meltdowns

If they make movie out of this it would definitely be a hit....

No amount of contemporary gossip changes a few things:

• It is going to be impossible to move on from Ezra Miller if Ezra's behavior is better and the film/Ezra are good as everyone claims. They won't make a highly popular adaption and then fire the lead once the leads behavior has stabilized. 
  • The "Momoa steps down as Aquaman and becomes Lobo" is one of the dumbest rumors I have ever heard - and thats saying something as I have followed this daily since the late 1990s! If Aqua 2 is a popular hit, they pretty much have to roll with it. 
  • Moving on from Cavill and Johnson would demonstrate exceptional levels of hubris. It's one thing to say "not everyone is going to be happy". It's another to tell a hungry fanbase with 5 years of pent-up demand that Cavill is back and then reverse course 6 weeks later. The fan backlash to that move could sink this entire ship, I suspect. 
  • Wonder Woman was basically a perfectly made film, but damn if WW84 wasn't not only bad, but had some terrible special effects, pacing issues, storyline issues, etc. They obviously needed to rein Jenkins in here.
Edited by excel1
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Grebacio said:

It's amazing how the DCEU behind the scenes stories are way more entertaining than the movies.

I want Warner to green light a dozen of new projects just to have more meltdowns

Like we haven't been getting that already.

8 hours ago, excel1 said:

• It is going to be impossible to move on from Ezra Miller if Ezra's behavior is better and the film/Ezra are good as everyone claims. They won't make a highly popular adaption and then fire the lead once the leads behavior has stabilized. 
  • The "Momoa steps down as Aquaman and becomes Lobo" is one of the dumbest rumors I have ever heard - and thats saying something as I have followed this daily since the late 1990s! If Aqua 2 is a popular hit, they pretty much have to roll with it. 
  • Moving on from Cavill and Johnson would demonstrate exceptional levels of hubris. It's one thing to say "not everyone is going to be happy". It's another to tell a hungry fanbase with 5 years of pent-up demand that Cavill is back and then reverse course 6 weeks later. The fan backlash to that move could sink this entire ship, I suspect. 
  • Wonder Woman was basically a perfectly made film, but damn if WW84 wasn't not only bad, but had some terrible special effects, pacing issues, storyline issues, etc. They obviously needed to rein Jenkins in here.

I'll agree with you on #1 and #2, but #3 is debatable whether any of the general public would care, and #4 is apparently already settled -- Jenkins has "taken her toys and gone home" to quote one of the trades!

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

My favorite headlines are "movie that was never actually in production is now CANCELLED!"

The past couple of days of DC headlines have been exhausting to read about for that reason. And all of this was apparently the result of Patty Jenkins deciding to walk out of Wonder Woman 3. 

• Like 2

The story about Patty Jenkins and WW3 doesn't paint Jenkins in a good light especially sending the email with the wikipedia entry about character arc to the execs. 

TBH I think a new director wouldn't be a bad thing for WW3. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem finding a replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The story about Patty Jenkins and WW3 doesn't paint Jenkins in a good light especially sending the email with the wikipedia entry about character arc to the execs. 

TBH I think a new director wouldn't be a bad thing for WW3. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem finding a replacement. 

Gina Prince Blythewood, maybe? 

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

That's a mighty big pair of "ifs" on point number one here, excel.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Apparently all of these recent posts from Gadot, Johnson, and the announcement from Cavill were there to rally the fans. They were clamoring for support because they already had known the'd be cut.

I am for a hard reboot because it's weird if they will keep some people but not the others.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, excel1 said:

Pretty much agree with everything you said here Brother Excel.  Huge mistake I think will destroy DCU if they dont captialize on that Cavil Move. The fans want him back as Superman Bigtime in a big epic movie. Not as a side character.. A film featuring Supes. Man of Steel is way overdo. Hopefully Gunn gets it done

Also I couldnt believe Wonderwoman 2 was so bad , I mean what the heck. Definitely Jenkins needs total supervision and writers who actually love and understand Dianas Character.  

Did Jenkins direct the first one? 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

Former head of DC Films Walter Hamadawas also working on a long-range plan to return Superman, and Cavill, to the DC cinematic fold.

I’m sorry, what? Wasn’t it reported in the week Black Adam was released that Hamada was against bringing Cavill back, because he wanted to move away from Snyder’s vision?