Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Heads will roll. Some fans will be disappointed, but this is a necessary step to ensure DCU gets it shit back in order. Of course, as with any change in DCU, fans will do rants for years until the final product is released. The changing of the guard, so to speak, is exponentially harder in these dark days of social media. I kinda feel bad for Gunn. Making necessary changes in an age where every fanzine can leak internal dealings on Twitter to fan the flame of trolls has got to be a headache.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Heads will roll. Some fans will be disappointed, but this is a necessary step to ensure DCU gets it shit back in order. Of course, as with any change in DCU, fans will do rants for years until the final product is released. The changing of the guard, so to speak, is exponentially harder in these dark days of social media. I kinda feel bad for Gunn. Making necessary changes in an age where every fanzine can leak internal dealings on Twitter to fan the flame of trolls has got to be a headache.

It's a hard job with a lot of drawbacks. But it needs to be done.

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Ron Marz, one of the most respected DC comic book writers of the last 30 years. Giving 0 fucks and calling it how he sees it. Bravo.

I actually think th Snydercut of JL is better then what we got in theaters ..though it is still seriously flawed...and the Snyder fans should have been happy to get that..but, being bullies , they were not satisfied.

never give in to bullies is good advice in the real world as well, as current events show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Snyder cut actually was pretty damn good, and was a nice gesture by the studio towards fans of a series that studio monumentally fucked up. Ray Fisher and Ezra Miller in particularly were much better in it than JL. For all of his flaws, Snyder was a very solid big-picture concept person. He generally choose the right angles to approach the characters and the right actors to play them. He was just shockingly bad with the details and execution. 

In another timeline:

1. July 2013: MOS is bit more upbeat and given a better release date, reaching $800m+ global box office
  2. July 2015: MOS 2 featured Batman researching metahumans and Luthor setting up the conflict between the 2, reaches $1b global box office
  3. June 2016: JL Part 1 features the actual conflict + death of Superman midway through while the teams comes together, reaches $1.3b global box office
  4. August 2016: Suicide Squad opens, is better film, sets up villains for other films, reaches $1b global box office
  5. May 2017: Wonder Woman 1 opens, is exact same as normal, reaches $1b global box office since DC is more popular
  6. July 2017: JL Part 2 features the team rallying and the rebirth of Superman to defeat Darkseid, reaches $1.5b global box office
  7. December 2017: Aquabro opens, is exact same as normal but bigger since DC is more popular, $1.2b global

JL phase 1 ends with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman,Aquabro,  Flash, Cyborg, SS Villains all established and popular.

Edited by excel1

8 hours ago, John Marston said:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/dwayne-johnson-black-adam-2-dc-universe-james-gunn-1235466702/

Gadot is looking out regardless of any claims to the contrary 

Wow never would have expected that. Maybe she's happy playing the spy in Netflix movies and she still has that Snow White live action with Disney.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Guaranteed whoever they get for Wonder Woman will be way worse. Honestly I imagine Gunn will likely fail big time. I will be shocked if he does well. He’s got an insanely hard job ahead of him.

I like the Wonder Woman film a whole much. I almost sympathize with Cavill. But thinking they are irreplaceable is a tad much. Not even the best actors with the most iconic portrayals are irreplaceable, let alone them.

Building from the scratch was the right way to go.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Guaranteed whoever they get for Wonder Woman will be way worse. Honestly I imagine Gunn will likely fail big time. I will be shocked if he does well. He’s got an insanely hard job ahead of him.

DC fans will stay divided no matter what Gunn will do with this universe.

4 minutes ago, Ohana said:

DC fans will stay divided no matter what Gunn will do with this universe.

Your problem is to see Snyder fans as DC fans. They aren’t. I like superheroes films. I like well made films into this genre. I love DC to death. I couldn’t be more excited. If some will complain, it’s their loss. Very much like those complaining about ‘woke’ Marvel.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Your problem is to see Snyder fans as DC fans. They aren’t. I like superheroes films. I like well made films into this genre. I love DC to death. I couldn’t be more excited. If some will complain, it’s their loss. Very much like those complaining about ‘woke’ Marvel.

Snyder fans are still DC fans, you can't deny his movies has a large fan base.

• Haha 1