Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

Ah, was thinking it might've been a one weekend special imax release for ZSJL. Would love to see it on the big screen. SnyderCon is such a bizarre concept to me lol.

Yeah, I would like to see it on the big sreen as well. But I guess WB doesn't want to encourage the cultists.

Isn't Gunn appointing himself Superman director a conflict of interest, or at least abuse of power just because he is the new DC films boss?

So no other directors were even considered or interviewed?

Edited by Mojoguy

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Isn't Gunn appointing himself Superman director a conflict of interest, or at least abuse of power

It’s the production of a superhero movie not a government position.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Gunn 6-7 weeks ago: "We’re working with Ben Affleck, who really wants to be..has been a part of our architecture team trying to bring things together, and he really wants to direct one of our projects, and we’re excited for him doing that.".

Guess something happened there or other directors will have to keep Gunn's style / tone. Maybe those insiders were right that A-list directors won't work under Gunn.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Isn't Gunn appointing himself Superman director a conflict of interest, or at least abuse of power just because he is the new DC films boss?

So no other directors were even considered or interviewed?

Forgive me, but why is this a big deal? I mean he was a director first before he got this DC post.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alexander said:

Gunn 6-7 weeks ago: "We’re working with Ben Affleck, who really wants to be..has been a part of our architecture team trying to bring things together, and he really wants to direct one of our projects, and we’re excited for him doing that.".

Guess something happened there or other directors will have to keep Gunn's style / tone. Maybe those insiders were right that A-list directors won't work under Gunn.

How many A-list directors worked with the MCU?🤔

Affleck stated last year that he was done with franchise movies, and that he was only going to direct movies made by the production company he started with Matt Damon. That’s why it was weird to me when Gunn said that Affleck was interested in directing a film for the DCU. 

44 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

How many A-list directors worked with the MCU?🤔

But that's the problem. Me personally I'm not interested in comic book / blockbuster no. 45701.  I want something different, unique. I don't want The Brave and The Bold directed by some indie guy because Gunn can control him and he's desperate to have something big on his CV.

5 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I thought WB was broke

Yeah, that's something that Internet game of telephone went with. But in this case, WB can make it for half or less than that of the 130M budget. No back ends to be bought out and no streaming licenses in perpetuity to be paid. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I doubt zaslav will bit at 150m budget. This is another dead end for sure. 

Feeling generally is Zaslav is setting up WB as an acquisition target possibly by Comcast if it can get bast regulatory scrutiny. 

No way are they making a Superman movie for less than $150 million. 😂

18 hours ago, JWR said:

Is he, though? Seems like this is just to get the ball rolling on the DCU. It's no different than a showrunner directing the first episode of their TV show. 

But making a movie of this size is still a full time job. If he directs, Gunn is going to have to focus on that exclusively, and let Safran so a solo act running the rest of the studio on a day to day basis. Mangement 101.

As one of the Studio chiefs Gunn has the right to do what he wants, but I suspect he will, even if "unoficially" let Safran run the studio once production begins on Superman.

Edited by dudalb