Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The Conjuring really did have a major impact on WB lol. Going from one of its producers to another for DC.

When you have a film that cost next to nothing that  was a blockbuster; you can bet it will have a impact on the studio.

I think the betting is he can bring out quality DC material without a huge budget.

I guess this will probably end Gunn's involement with Marvel Studios..he simply will not have the time with his new gig.

The report directily to Zaslev with out having to go through Warners Studios is huge and means a lot more indeprencence fot DC studios and puts them on a par with Marvel Studios in the company Table of Organization.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I guess this will probably end Gunn's involement with Marvel Studios..he simply will not have the time with his new gig.

I think he's mentioned before that his GOTG journey was ending with Vol 3. And he had already mentioned doing multiple things with DC, so this was inevitable. 

27 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If James Gunn is on any non-DC projects, I assume he gives them up now b/c this will be a full time job...

That is a given. He will have to fufill the contractual obligations he has, but after that it will be along time before he works with another studio.

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

I think he's mentioned before that his GOTG journey was ending with Vol 3. And he had already mentioned doing multiple things with DC, so this was inevitable. 

I think Gunn was going to DC anyway, but I think his being made the head honcho was NOT inevitable.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:12 PM, ChipDerby said:

DC needs a braintrust, ala Pixar. A group of people who can get involved in stories when needed, greenlight films, keep the universe running. But also people that can write entire films, direct films, etc etc.

Gunn would be perfect in that role. 

Oh weird.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 6