Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The problem is that there’s no guarantee people like Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson would come back as long as Rowling is involved. 

You have to wonder if, controversy aside, Rowling as a writer has just gone dry.

She really said everything she had to say about the Wizarding World in the Original Potter books, she really does not have the passion she once did and is only providing product for the money. She is incredibly wealthy, but people who have known poverty, even if they become rich, s can'r resist making more money.."Just in case".

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

You have to wonder if, controversy aside, Rowling as a writer has just gone dry.

She really said everything she had to say about the Wizarding World in the Original Potter books, she really does not have the passion she once did and is only providing product for the money. She is incredibly wealthy, but people who have known poverty, even if they become rich, s can'r resist making more money.."Just in case".

I mean she wrote the FB scripts which were dog crap so...that should tell you.

• Like 1

Re: Potter, maybe they could turn to animation, whether it's doing the books again but as a TV series, or making new stories with other characters. With animation, there's less pressure about filling the original actors' shoes, they can draw them to look exactly the book descriptions and the purists can have their green-eyed Harry and Hermione with frizzy hair, etc.

Since it got finished, I really hope that Scooby Doo movie ends up being seen, somehow...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

On 11/5/2022 at 8:19 PM, Macleod said:

Of course.  Very few people/stars are immune to the temptation of money.  

Particulary if it is big enough to set you up for the rest of your life and you never have to do another "paycheck" movie again,only the films you want to do.

23 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

I mean she wrote the FB scripts which were dog crap so...that should tell you.

You could say that is because Rowling is not a good screenwriter,but her post Potter novels have not been that great either.

10 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I certainly do hope not. You cannot fix the turd. They should not look back rather look forward and build a good coherent universe. They have to reboot keeping some of the cast like Cavill and few others. 

Tha Arrowverse had it's day, but has run out of steam.

And time to just say outloud,"The Snyderverse is not coming back".Of course you keep some of the actors but don't let Snyder near the DCU again.

15 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I certainly do hope not. You cannot fix the turd. They should not look back rather look forward and build a good coherent universe. They have to reboot keeping some of the cast like Cavill and few others. 

let the past die, kill it if you have to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

When he raises prices I guess I’ll cancel my hbo max add-on on Hulu.

With Titans season 4 and Doom Patrol season 3 coming, I picked up the annual HBOMax deal on its last day (Oct 30), and locked in $69.99 for the year (since I canceled Hulu, Peacock, and Paramount Plus before I paid elevated rates - funny enough, Paramount then gave me a free month, so I have it through almost all of football season now)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

With Titans season 4 and Doom Patrol season 3 coming, I picked up the annual HBOMax deal on its last day (Oct 30), and locked in $69.99 for the year (since I canceled Hulu, Peacock, and Paramount Plus before I paid elevated rates - funny enough, Paramount then gave me a free month, so I have it through almost all of football season now)...

Congrats!  That's about half what I'm paying, I think...so it seems a "fire sale" is on...  Let's hope the channel still exists next spring/summer!  My subscription is currently through June.  But we don't know what it's becoming... 

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Congrats!  That's about half what I'm paying, I think...so it seems a "fire sale" is on...  Let's hope the channel still exists next spring/summer!  My subscription is currently through June.  But we don't know what it's becoming... 

Well, the fire sale was on...the deal ended Oct 31...and then they made their "we're not gonna sell this cheap" statement...

Not sure if I got the deal b/c I had done a year before, so they were trying to bring me back...but I'll take HBO Max as this year's "extra streaming" with my free Apple (til May), my phone's highly discounted Netflix, and my full price Prime (that one, I almost canceled, but spouse really wanted the free shipping for his home brewing supplies, so I'll find stuff to watch)...

If D+ is a deal in the next 12 months or if Hulu comes back uber-cheap, I may get one again, or hold out til at least the Apple TV expires (b/c I finally watched an Apple TV show last week on a free script I had since May, so I need to try to find more to watch:)...

• Like 1