Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh guess what, already a rotten. Guess what again, it's Scott Mendelson.

Scott is not that bad. i often find myself agreeing with him. too many critics scream "masterpiece"...it just loses its meaning. not every freakin movie is outstanding.

still...excited to see this one. i loved the original

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This movie's going to have 250+ reviews. You folks get far too worked up over a few negative write ups here and there.

No one here is worked up. Its just funny the sheer amount of times hes the first negative. Honestly had a big giggle when first saw it.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Thanks 1

Looks like it's on pace to be the best reviewed of its sub-genre since Snowpiercer.

Currently 85 at MC with 20 reviews. Snowpiercer finished with an 84.

David Edelstein is one of the three or four critics I like most. A little disappointed that he was 'meh' on it. But, hell, I don't always agree with him.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

32 minutes ago, Alli said:

Scott is not that bad. i often find myself agreeing with him. too many critics scream "masterpiece"...it just loses its meaning. not every freakin movie is outstanding.

still...excited to see this one. i loved the original

Yeah, I usually agree with him.

BR49 and DUNKIRK it seems will fight it out on the Vfx front. APES3 is third in line I think.

The academy does favor non-sequels. Best Vfx 2000-2016 (sequels in italics):

Gladiator

LOTR1

LOTR2

LOTR3

SM2

King Kong

Golden Compass

Benajamin Button

Inception

Hugo

Life of Pi

Gravity

Interstellar

Ex Machina

TJB

Also Nolan has had Inception and Interstellar win the Vfx award so BR49 could edge it out even though it's a sequel.

Great reviews. Some are even calling it better then the original. Can't wait to see this next Friday. 

30 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Looks like it's on pace to be the best reviewed of its sub-genre since Snowpiercer.

Currently 85 at MC with 20 reviews. Snowpiercer finished with an 84.

David Edelstein is one of the three or four critics I like most. A little disappointed that he was 'meh' on it. But, hell, I don't always agree with him.

People have their differing opinions. At least most critics so far are liking the hell out of it. It sounds really good too from their descriptions. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

BR49 and DUNKIRK it seems will fight it out on the Vfx front. APES3 is third in line I think.

The academy does favor non-sequels. Best Vfx 2000-2016 (sequels in italics):

Gladiator

LOTR1

LOTR2

LOTR3

SM2

King Kong

Golden Compass

Benajamin Button

Inception

Hugo

Life of Pi

Gravity

Interstellar

Ex Machina

TJB

Also Nolan has had Inception and Interstellar win the Vfx award so BR49 could edge it out even though it's a sequel.

Dunkirk isn't getting nominated for visual effects IMO, nor should it. BR2049 and Apes are likely the favorites.

• Like 4