Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

No way "Sinister" ist doing just low to mid teens this weekend. Those have to be very early numbers, it's not doing less than "The Posession".And Argo looks more like 10Mio OD to me, it's going to be a huge success, should easily cross $100Mio.

Sinister should have its best business in the later shows. They project box office based on matinee sales. So you could be right. Edited by ECSTASY

Taken 2 still expected to grab #1 for today with $7.5M-$8.5M with grosses in the $22M-$25M for its second straight weekend.

Argo

$7M-$8M for today and $22M-$25M for the weekend.

Sony Animation’s blockbuster 3-week-old toon Hotel Transylvania should enjoy another strong weekend by holding for -32% from a week ago. It’ll come in #3 for around $4.5M for today and around $16M for the weekend.

Sinister is looking like $5M-$6M for today which includes the better than expected $1 million from Thursday’s late shows and Friday midnights in 1,494 locations. That puts the horror film on track to do around $13M-$15M by end of Sunday after going intothis weekend as the top-selling film online at Fandango and Movie Tickets with 25%-30% of all tickets.

That pushes down Sony’s Kevin James new comedy Here Comes The Boom to 4th place with $3M-$4M for today and $12M for the weekend.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/sinister-scares-up-1m-midnights-with-asterisk/ Edited by JackO
  • Like 1

Sinister should have its best business in the later shows. They project box office based on matinee sales. So you could be right.

Yep, that's what i thought. Just go and check Twitter, seems like it's sold out everywhere.Maybe that's because "Taken", "Argo" and "Hotel Transsilvania" block the biggest theaters, yeah, but it's not doing just 5 or 6 Mio today.

Argo was a very excellent film. One of the year's best. The last half of the movie had me biting my nails off. This is Affleck's best movie IMO, surpassing both The Town and Gone Baby Gone. Should merit a Best Picture nomination.

Argo-fuck-yourself. :) Edited by Halloween baumer
  • Like 2

or a great director.We'd be laughed off the world wide web for even suggesting that as a possibility.

Yes, yes we would."Dude if you seen Gigli you know that is impossible"I remember in 2003 it was predicted that Affleck would be within the next years a has been :P(Well in the late 90s it was predicted Adam Sandler's career would be short...)