Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

Doesn't matter to me as long as he continues to deliver good work and his movies aren't flops. Same goes for Hardy, Fassbender, Gosling, Garfield, etc. Sure it'd be great if they managed to make it as movie stars as well, but if audiences don't like them well enough for that, it's the audiences' loss. And Looper only took a hit this weekend because of Argo going for the same adult audience. It might easily rebound yet and reach $65-70m.

If a 6.3 weekend puts it at 51.4, unless it suddenly tanks the next couple weekends it's locked for over 60m. 64-65m is the most likely ending point.

I was thinking that Cloud Atlas and Skyfall might disrupt that. Plus, Halloween is coming, not exactly the time for science fiction movies to do well.

I knew Argo would have a big Saturday jump with all of the sell outs compared to Friday night. But Dayyyyyyyyyuuum 50%? And kudos to all of the older people that went to the theater to see it. I went to see Arbitrage last weekend at some Arthouse theatre in Encino and there were nothing but Sr. Citizens there. I'm talking about walkers and canes. But the theater was packed.If Hollywood makes a movie for that demo, they will come.And Taken 2 had a decent drop for all the gloom and doom talk last weekend. The power of Liam Neeson. Go Liam.Great for Sinister too. Box Office speaks for itself. 3m movie will make 5 times its budget on OW. Doesn't get much better than that.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1