A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

they should let them play so early because people will be starved for entertainment and flock to movies. once theaters reopen, people won't be "I dunno man, maybe I should wait a month". that's not how people work. they'll want to catch up ASAP.

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Valonqar said:

they should let them play so early because people will be starved for entertainment and flock to movies. once theaters reopen, people won't be "I dunno man, maybe I should wait a month". that's not how people work. they'll want to catch up ASAP.

People aren't gonna go back to cinemas as soon as they reopen lol. You really think they'll prioritise the next Marvel movie over their own health?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So 70% cases recovered already. Very brave of China to shut its entire operation for a disease one in 20,000. Anyways, since 70% cases have recovered, I expect them to rise at 90% in Week. We could see China back on track by April quite easily.

thats possible

On 3/10/2020 at 3:07 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

So 70% cases recovered already. Very brave of China to shut its entire operation for a disease one in 20,000. Anyways, since 70% cases have recovered, I expect them to rise at 90% in Week. We could see China back on track by April quite easily.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:07 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

Those numbers are way low. 

Italy will show the true numbers and the severity.

And then the second wave hits.

Dont mean to be a bummer but,

There's always a second wave

And usually bigger because the first seamed like a false alarm and a less or longer delayed precautipn occurs.

History just cant help repeating itself.

Sheeple  baa baa

Edited by POTUS 2020

7 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Those numbers are way low. 

Italy will show the true numbers and the severity.

And then the second wave hits.

Dont mean to be a bummer but,

There's always a second wave

And usually bigger because the first seamed like a false alarm and a less or longer delayed precautipn occurs.

History just cant help repeating itself.

Sheeple  baa baa

Coming from a fan of the guy who said all this was a hoax, this is really funny.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Coming from a fan of the guy who said all this was a hoax, this is really funny.

I don't know if BOT's Potus covid stats are true or not, but when it comes to Chinese box office, his numbers were always helpful. On that front you could trust what he says.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-china-movie-theaters-reopening-march-mulan-1202886976/

As U.S. Box Office Shuts Down Amid Coronavirus, China’s Theaters Could Re-Open By End Of Month

By Anthony D'Alessandro, Nancy Tartaglione

China’s theatrical re-opening will come in waves, the first being the re-release of older local catalog titles, i.e. Monster Hunt, Wolf Warrior 2, The Wandering Earth and animated feature Ne Zha. We understand that Chinese exhibitors will keep 100% of the box office on those re-releases. There’s apparently a deal in the wings with U.S. studios for catalog titles such as the Avengers movies, Interstellar, Inception, etc, but that’s still being hammered out. Typically, the major studios reap 25%-27% of the Chinese box office for their newer titles.

The second wave of titles will occur in mid-to-late-April and that will be the U.S. pics that have already been cleared and awaiting release, i.e. 1917, Dolittle, Ford v. Ferrari, Jojo Rabbit, Bad Boys for Life and Sonic the Hedgehog as well as new Chinese local fare like Detective Chinatown 3.

A recent Maoyan survey said 68% respondents cited that going to the cinemas is their top choice for entertainment once the epidemic ends, while a 30% said they would return to theaters as soon as they reopen, followed by 33%  who said they would wait for the official announcement that COVID-19 is completely contained. A further 29% said they would “wait for a while” after the official announcement before heading back to movie theaters. Staggered seating and rows will be the new norm for a while until China adjusts.

• Like 2