A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I'm convinced that Entgroup's data system has been having major problems for the last two days. That has to be the only reason why there haven't been any estimates posted in this thread in each of the past two days. I would imagine that The Expendables 3 made a million dollars or more in China on Tuesday the 16th and a million dollars or more in China on Wednesday the 17th too. EX3 should definitely already be around $65,000,000 in U.S. dollars earned at the Box Office in China so far. Super Girl, you have done a truly great job in getting the estimates from Entgroup for a long time now. I look forward to Entgroup fixing their problematic data servers so that you could receive more estimates directly from them very soon. Thanks so very much for the truly great work that you do.

Edited by Rambo

Wednesday #s

Storm  6.6M, 68.8M

Apes   6.2M ,651M

EX3   6.2M  402M

Divergent 2.2M  66.2M

By September 17th, yearly BO reached 21B yuan, 3500 more screens been built nationwide!

Edited by Star-Lord Olive
  • Like 5

Entgroup is not down. They just murged their box office channel with their subsite CBO. Wednesday numbers:http://www.chinaboxoffice.cn/movieday

Thanks so very much for the information. I had no idea that Entgroup had just merged their Box Office channel with their subsite CBO. For whatever reason, the Entgroup estimates are now being revealed much, much later than they used to be. Since I first found this forum earlier this month, the Entgroup estimates spanning from September 1st-September 14th had been usually posted in this thread between 6:00am-10am California time far more times than not, some of those days, the estimates weren't ever available from Entgroup at all. Thursday, September 18th is the fourth consecutive day that the estimates didn't get posted in this thread between 6am-10am California time. The Wednesday, September 17th estimates were posted here in this thread possibly 16-20 hours later than they could have been had the Entgroup merger with their subsite CBO not occurred. Up until very recently, the estimates from Thursday, September 18th might have already been posted here in this thread a few hours ago. The estimates from Thursday, September 18th possibly might not even be posted by Entgroup/CBO until sometime tomorrow (September 19th) California time. Hong Kong, Beijing, and Shanghai are all 15 hours ahead of California time.

Edited by Rambo

Thanks so very much for the truly great work that you do.

Couldn't agree more!

I just looked at gewara.com and saw that surprisingly Non-Stop starts today/tomorrow. I didn't see it on the most anticipated films list before. Or perhaps I overlook it. The presales are at 1837 at the moment, but overall, this film could be a big competition for the Apes and Ex3, no? Or is today only the start of the presales and the regular start is later?

Normally I would wish this film good luck in China, but not this weekend. :P

Edited by el sid