A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Damn. Fantastic numbers for Zootopia, good numbers for Revenant too. It will get to 500M WW, terrific for an original, R-rated movie that many were saying will be a disaster due to its high budget.

• Like 4

Nice bump for TRev after an OD Friday.  Wom must be decent

ZOO PS down 18%. Should be 85-90m sunday. Will get to 1.2b when BvS opens. If it it can hold -38% up against BvS like TMK did last summer against MH than it'll break 1.5b with or without extention.

On 3/18/2016 at 3:14 PM, firedeep said:

I have never heard of Mermaid box office getting fudged ...

It might be true that a lot of films (not just locals, imports 'fudge' too) fudge box office (to some small extent) but no proof for that for Mermaid.

IPM3 is a different thing, it's flatout fraud, just like Monster Hunt in its late run and The Hundred Regiments Offensive.

I know IM3's image was tarnished because of the box office scandal but for me, even if its box office is 30% fake, it still set out what it needed to do which was double its budget with China alone. It will still make a profit and for that I'm happy. We can argue over whether its release date brought down its box office or the fudging but at least a quality movie will be a profitable film for the studio at the end of the day.

9 minutes ago, Olive said:

On Maoyan, BVS presales are only 40% of SW7 at the same point; while on Cbooo.com, they'er 20% higher.

Maoyan must fucked up as they usually do.

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but are these 2 different ticket sellers?

2 hours ago, Bluebomb said:

I know IM3's image was tarnished because of the box office scandal but for me, even if its box office is 30% fake, it still set out what it needed to do which was double its budget with China alone. It will still make a profit and for that I'm happy. We can argue over whether its release date brought down its box office or the fudging but at least a quality movie will be a profitable film for the studio at the end of the day.

Have you read this?

电影局拳打《叶问3》:停工、整改、警告|叶问3|电影局|虚假票房_新浪娱乐_新浪网  

http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2016-03-18/doc-ifxqnski7732559.shtml

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bangbingchan said:

I saw 2D ver twice. 40% 2D showtimes in some theaters.Normally,animation has more dubbed showtimes.50% English showtimes is enough.

I didn't realize the English version would be common in China. Do people just read subtitles? Do children like to watch movies like that?

Edited by cannastop

5 hours ago, Olive said:

On Maoyan, BVS presales are only 40% of SW7 at the same point; while on Cbooo.com, they'er 20% higher.

Maoyan must fucked up as they usually do.

yes. Maoyan seem quite low(way below cbooo). I am sure BvS will open bigger than SW7. Based on review/story it seems right up their alley.

15 hours ago, Kung Fu Panda Tree said:

Damn. Fantastic numbers for Zootopia, good numbers for Revenant too. It will get to 500M WW, terrific for an original, R-rated movie that many were saying will be a disaster due to its high budget.

Holy crap, I love this. It deserves every penny. Great period for R movies all around to be honest.

Damn @ those Zoo #'s.

35 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

I think maoyan made an update,BvS looking now,
24th-1.23m
25th-8.58m

26th-3.28m
27th-1.53m

GEWARA Pre-sales:
All timings, according to IST.
17th,9pm- 16,041
18th,9pm-49,040
19th,9pm-71,359
20th,2pm-84,321

I think SW7 was 7m at this time. 20% ahead. SW7 had a huge last minute rush to 72m. 195m OD.