A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

InsideKino @MarkGInsideKino

China: MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION mit $40,34 Mio. (7,93 Mio. Besucher) in 3 Tagen (Di.-Do.)

made $40.34m (7.93m admissions - dierect translation means visitors) in 3 days (Tuesday to Thursday = Dienstag - Donnerstag)

Gewara
02.09.2015 Beijing time 00:10 -- Minions - 673

03.09.2015 Beijing time 00:01 -- Minions - 1033

04.09.2015 Beijing time 00:10 -- Minions - 1972

07.09.2015 Beijing time 00:01 -- Minions - 4457

08.09.2015 Beijing time 01:30 -- Minions - 6780

09.09.2015 Beijing time 00:50 -- Minions - 11187

10.09.2015 Beijing time 00:01 -- Minions - 16382

11.09.2015 Beijing time 00:30 -- Minions - 30320

12.09.2015 Beijing time 00:01 -- Minions - 57328

Edited by abra
  • Like 2

China Box Office @ChinaBoxOffice

....#RogueNation took in est. $11.9M on Fri. China's 4-day total stands at $52.2M

China Box Office @ChinaBoxOffice

#TerminatorGenisys earned est. $0.45M on Friday. China's total stands at $112.0M.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

TheWrap @TheWrap 

Don't Tell @RealDonaldTrump, but Now China Wants to Export Its Blockbusters to US https://goo.gl/ovF6N6 

Curious to see how much those two might make. And the next years others

Can't see it happening for a few years. China first needs to get more leverage by having a bigger box office market. Once its total box office becomes say twice as big as domestic, then they'll have insane power in terms of negociations.

Can't see it happening for a few years. China first needs to get more leverage by having a bigger box office market. Once its total box office becomes say twice as big as domestic, then they'll have insane power in terms of negociations.

I think it will be enough even if they'll get only a few screens but make a rather high average per theater, very good WOM. Not neccesarily for those two titles, but as a start for a general positve Chinese movies WOM (if they manage to accomplish that), what might be way more important than the two listed titles, hence the reason I am also curious about the next years.

The dubbing / preferring not dubbed but remade instead 'tradition' might hinder that, at least for a time.

But as more and more gamer, anime,... fans are used to dubbed now, that too might change over the next few years

About the negotiantion power:

China has IMHO a way more stronger position in releation to studios ... as the studios want an increase of foreign movies allowed per year.

For US cinema owners... it might be even interesting to sign contracts, as the 'weak' starting point for Chinese movies might give them better  conditions (again: speaking about the nexts years...)

$150m is not dead yet, if it does $20m today.

More important than today would be tomorrow.

Whatever it grosses on Sunday, it will make 4-5x more depending on legs. So if it does $15m on Sunday then $150M should easily happen. $13M is the minimum required to keep chances of $150M alive.

• Like 1

it looks like MI5 will keep good number of screens and so impact of Minions should be ok. I think it will just have 30% drop tomorrow. Tuesday Pixels is also opening and so after that 3 movies will share screens. So there will be some impact on tuesday as well. if MI5 can hold at least 20% screens for 2 more weeks it should hit 150m or 1B Yuan.

• Like 1

I'm curious about the Chinese box-office experience.. Kind of OT, but I can't create a thread on it:

What kind of experience do you get when going to a Chinese theater? What kind of food is available, and what kind of prices do you have? I know that its about 35-40 RMB for a ticket (at least on average), but I'm curious how similar the food and experience is to what we get in America.