A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Absolutely false, go re-read the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday thread. Just because it also happened for DOM as well doesn't mean I have an agenda.

Does this mean you think everyone wasn't suggesting 400m+ for China? You'll be wrong there too, this thread is the one place everyones expectations originate to on both BOT and redfit box office and I can tell you this thread created the 400m+ expectation.

I know you think I'm some mastermind but sometimes I like to point out reality whenever we stray far from it.

Oh I dont think you're a mastermind. I think you're more a pathological liar, you don't even know you're doing it.

And yeah, POTUS's optimism affect others but he also said anything above $300M is a win.

We "hope" for $400M+, maybe even $500M+ but we always know $300M can happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Ahh dammit to pass Titanic it will need at least 400M from China. When did things go wrong? 

As long as it passes $2B it's okay with me. Doesn't need to pass Titanic. Well, TFA maybe. This will be the first SH movie to pass $2B if it happens. But I think Avengers 4 will beat IW next year just because that one is the true culmination.

The Dom and China bo negativity around AIW is why we don't deserve good things. Pretty shocking response from members. The movie I am stanning for may not crack measly $1.5b ww this June. Shut down already Universal.

Edited by A2k Raptor
DON'T
  • Like 7

Satuday PS going up at 4.5m p/hr.  It will near 200m, 10% over OD

FF8 PSm increase by 20% to over 3x.  Typically its a 25-33% increase

I expect over a 30% bump tomorrow, 10% PS increase and at least a 20% PSm expansion. but then again...its behaving in an unexpected fashion

3 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

The Dom and China bo negativity around AIW is why we don't deserve good things. Pretty shocking response from members. The movie I am stanning for may not crack measly $1.5b ww this June. Shut down already Universal.

Is that Jurassic World 2? Yeah, I don't feel the excitement for JW this time. But maybe that's just me. I'm also not excited for Deadpool 2.

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

Is that Jurassic World 2? Yeah, I don't feel the excitement for JW this time. But maybe that's just me. I'm also not excited for Deadpool 2.

they're all going to do fine,not record breaking though

1 minute ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

"Wrong" maybe the wrong word, but it is clearly not going the way we expected.

That's where experience comes in play. Knowing POTUS optimism, I think vets kept there expectations in check. New posters were hyped but others were ready for even $180m OW.

• Like 1

I'm really curious about the performance of Incredibles 2 in China. For marketing, they should keep repeating the words "From the studio that brought you Coco". China also likes superhero movies so maybe this can do more than $75M?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I'm really curious about the performance of Incredibles 2 in China. For marketing, they should keep repeating the words "From the studio that brought you Coco". China also likes superhero movies so maybe this can do more than $75M?

if wom is good maybe even more :P