A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

19 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

5 day opening weekend just like Age of Ultron...

We’re in the Endgame now! $250m weeekend! $500m total! 😱😱😱

x2 multiplier from a massive 5-day OW? Unless it has stellar scores on webs and great WOM I do not see it possible. If it opens to $250m during the 5-day it should try $400m and challenge F7 and F8. To go beyond that is a bit unrealistic, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peludo said:

x2 multiplier from a massive 5-day OW? Unless it has stellar scores on webs and great WOM I do not see it possible. If it opens to $250m during the 5-day it should try $400m and challenge F7 and F8. To go beyond that is a bit unrealistic, IMO.

agreed still it was unrealistic to even consider a 1 billion ow and here we are but yeah i agree .. it can hit 400-425 there in my opinion not 500 as of now

2 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Apr.24 workday

Apr.25 workday

Apr.26 workday

Apr.27 holiday

Apr.28 workday

Apr.29 workday

Apr.30 workday

May.1 holiday

May.2 holiday

May.3 holiday

May.4 holiday

May.5 workday

ok so that means maybe a better drop for 2 weekend ?

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Yep, keep expectations low, this market is really unpredictable 

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah especially when comes to MCU. Besides lemme enjoy today, I will be back on $375mn train soon.

But till then - in the worst case - you might have already kicked loose an avalanche of over-the-top expectations of ppl not familiar with the Chinese market.....

See e.g. ppl sometimes quote 2 year old posts as proof this and that was the early on mindsets about how much to expect.

I strongly prefer fabiopazzo2's way 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

But till then - in the worst case - you might have already kicked loose an avalanche of over-the-top expectations of ppl not familiar with the Chinese market.....

See e.g. ppl sometimes quote 2 year old posts as proof this and that was the early on mindsets about how much to expect.

I strongly prefer fabiopazzo2's way 😉

agreed  (for now)

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

My concern is if End Game is not fun per say and is depressing it will off a cliff. 

metoo

I think that detail gets underestimated strongly

In this case... there might be a reason a fan of character xy might not want to rewatch the movie.

Way too early to develop any 'feel' for that

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

My concern is if End Game is not fun per say and is depressing it will off a cliff. 

personally i care if the movie is good not that much for its box office better have movie that its really good and the movie that the director wanted to make with the cost that your  movie will not fullfill its potential (i still think 2 bill) than not

guys we should be happy if endgame (very likely) pass iw on ow ww that would already be humongous and after that everythins its a bonus you do know that we are arguing if this thing will make 800 mill or 1 bill right  on OPENING WEEKEND ? thats ridiculous

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Apr.24 workday

Apr.25 workday

Apr.26 workday

Apr.27 holiday

Apr.28 workday

Apr.29 workday

Apr.30 workday

May.1 holiday

May.2 holiday