A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

They give Venom 250 plus. After Infinity War & Endgame boost to Spider, its only reasonable.

Also Homecoming is very much an American high school comedy for the majority of it, which doesn't translate too well as it is specific to a single culture, hence not being too well received in a lot of non Western markets. This film seems like it has much more broad appeal and is much more important to the overarching story of the mcu (also has much more spectacle it seems, and the action looks like it is directed really nicely).

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

$150M at the best. 

The Eight Hundred will come to July.5.

So may be September release will be better. Since it didn't affect Venom much, I will like to believe it won't do to FFH.

Problem with September is that 2 months of Hollywood cramp into just few weeks. 2nd week of Ant-Man 2 was ugly due to M:I-F.

48 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So may be September release will be better. Since it didn't affect Venom much, I will like to believe it won't do to FFH.

Problem with September is that 2 months of Hollywood cramp into just few weeks. 2nd week of Ant-Man 2 was ugly due to M:I-F.

Yeah, if they decide to release The Lion King two weeks after Far From Home, similar thing to Ant-Man 2 could happen.

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Until confirmed Maoyan final numbers are useless. They are just extrapolating. We have to wait for number from official source. May be @Olive will provide an update. But we get actuals at 10AM china time tomorrow.

Offical estimate today :28.6m.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1