A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

9 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

depends on where the friday ends up at. I am thinking 50-60% increase can happen. But its losing showcount big time. How much we will know by end of day. it needs 150m 2nd weekend to keep 700m in play. Looks tough but you never know. last weekend it did pull a rabbit out the hat on saturday.  its number 3 on PS for friday but number 1 on saturday and so that is something for sure.

One thing about this weekdays is it had very tiny PS to final multi. normally weekdays used to do better than weekends sometime ago.

It could get close to 150m. shows at 14% for tomorrow but back up to 24% on Sat.  Expect a 200% bump.

Next weekend has bigger competition including J2. 703m/$100m could be missed unless it finds some Dec legs.

Shocked it couldn't do 2x Ow, its not an SH movie

HLWD not catching a decent run since EG

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

It could get close to 150m. shows at 14% for tomorrow but back up to 24% on Sat.  Expect a 200% bump.

Next weekend has bigger competition including J2. 703m/$100m could be missed unless it finds some Dec legs.

Shocked it couldn't do 2x Ow, its not an SH movie

HLWD not catching a decent run since EG

Can it pass $90M ??

27 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Yes. 96-98 mill IMO

100% jump from Frozen1.

80% over I2.

30-35% over ITSV.

After the surprisingly strong start the final number may seem less surprising but it's a great total as such.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

H&S meh, fell more China than than many other markets. FFHnwas pretty solid but still neither a breakout nor all that gig

It's true the legs weren't anything special for either of them, but both of their totals surpassed my initial predictions at the start of the year. As a spin-off, I was already expecting a huge drop from F7/F8 for H&S. A Hollywood film grossing over $200 million in China is still a pretty respectable achievement in my book. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

looks like grossing 23m today and probably make 60m tomorrow and 40m on sunday? But good news is it will be no:1 on saturday.

25.5m and counting at 8pm. Very good friday bump with so much show loss. 

Shows increasing  from 14% today to 24% sat and 26% sun as the new releases fade.

75m sat

60m sun. 20% drop like last week or better with increased shows

610m total on Sun. 

645m on thur. 195m week.

It should get to 703m/ $100m even with a 75% drop next week.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

25.5m and counting at 8pm. Very good friday bump with so much show loss. 

Shows increasing  from 14% today to 24% sat and 26% sun as the new releases fade.

75m sat

60m sun. 20% drop like last week or better with increased shows

610m total on Sun. 

645m on thur. 195m week.

It should get to 703m/ $100m even with a 75% drop next week.

Still under 2 multiplier though... Still feel that it could come in under 100 mill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Still under 2 multiplier though... Still feel that it could come in under 100 mill

FFHS to $200m was looking shaky.  It legged out.  

i bet you a one yuan it gets over $100m.

Friday  28.7m. 

Sat PS are en route to triple.  Maybe 85m tomorrow down less than 50% WoW. great hold.

If so 703m/$100m locked.  2x OW not dead yet, just mostly dead

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Mau said:

Any chance for frozen 2 to get an extension? And how much could that extension add?

Its possible, generally an extension doesn't add much, a few percent perhaps.  But if it does hold -50% tomorrow and well against next weeks releases it could leg out into the holidays and pick up enough to get over $105m

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

FFHS to $200m was looking shaky.  It legged out.  

i bet you a one yuan it gets over $100m.

Friday  28.7m. 

Sat PS are en route to triple.  Maybe 85m tomorrow down less than 50% WoW. great hold.

If so 703m/$100m locked.  2x OW not dead yet, just mostly dead

Nahh. Way to much. Would take me months to save up that kind of money..

With that kind of friday jump after loosing a ton of screens is impressive so around 2 multiplier is possible

• Like 1
  • Haha 1