The Dark Knight

141 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

TDK is still the best comic book movie ever made IMO and it's one of my favorite movies ever period. The cast, the plot, the characters, the score. Everything about this is perfection. Maybe there are some plotholes, but really in this case, they don't matter (for me at least).

Grade: A+ or 10/10

• Like 2

Ledger is frigging excellent here, but the third act issues became increasingly distracting for me upon repeat viewings, lowering my rating a bit. I gave it a 9.5 when I first saw it, but I'd probably give it an 8 now, which is still pretty solid. 

Edited by GeneralKong

Saw this last night on the big scree. Still holds up pretty damn well. The ending is too epic.

Favorite ending of all time. Not sure it can ever change. It hits all the right notes and hit at the right transitional phase of my life.

• Like 3

Saw it again last night, I have to say, Eckhart is better then I give him props for, though probably just overshadowed by Ledger's legendary acting. Also never noticed this scene before but when Maroni entered the limo you could see just for a second one of his men at the side of the car getting knocked down, never noticed that before. 

Also the first act of the film the characters were pretty good with cheesy jokes, but as the film turned more plot it all fell away. 

There's a few issues here and there (my favorite one was after Joker went to kneel over Batman in the flipped truck scene you could clearly see two of clown guys next to him then they suddenly disappear when Gordon pops up suddenly to point a shotgun at Joker). And the last act feels kinda tacked on, though the hospital bombing is awesome and the ferry social experiment is rather well done. 

That ending still gives me goosebumps. 

A+

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 2

Heath's death, unfortunately, added to the legacy of his performance in this movie, but I wonder what if he didnt die. People would go crazily excited about his next role, and would compare the joker to whatever role he'd being playing.

• Like 1

Saw this last night on the big screen. Still holds up pretty damn well. The ending is too epic.

The ending is the worst bit for me, its so cringe inducing. A Watchful protector, A Dark Knight.... GAY GAY GAY, people actually laughed at that bit in the cinema.

Other than that, its an amazing film.

When I saw it at 15 I 100% thought it was the greatest ending to a movie ever. 

Favorite ending of all time. Not sure it can ever change. It hits all the right notes and hit at the right transitional phase of my life.

Okay now you lot are just overreacting.

• Like 1