Impact

Most shocking ending (Spoilers are fair game)

The Mist - Didn't like it. Way to much of a downer for me.Never understood the whole Sixth Sense thing. About 10 minutes into the movie I turned to my wife and was like, "He's dead" :PIt was interesting to watch it again and see all the little clues though.

Why were people surprised with the ending of the departed ? The original "infernal affairs" had a much bleaker ending .Anyway I will mention a really obscure movie , that very few if any have watched in this forum , that had by far the most shocking ending in any action movie ( i consider most westerns , action movies ) . I am talking about a spaghetti western called " the great silence " that is one of the most artistically beautiful westerns ever, from the setting ( the snowy mountains of Utah ) to the amazing and completely different ennio morricone soundtrack . In the end the villain, klaus kinski , kills the hero , Jean Louis Trintignant , and rides off triumphant . It' s the only straightforward movie that I've watched ( a movie that doesn't try to seem smart, intellectual or anything like that) that has such a bleak ending .

Danny getting shot and killed by that black kid at the end of American History X, I didn't see that shit coming. Makes you wonder if Derek went crazy after that and rejoined the Neo Nazi gang.

See I knew something bad was coming. Especially with that foreshadowing near the end of the kids driving by their house, looking like they're kind of stalking Danny and/or Derek or something. But yeah, no way that movie was gonna have a happy ending, I always had that figured out.

Oldboy immediately came to mind. All this time we are following this guy who is supposed to be the victim but in the end he was bully? It was all his own doing?Abre Los Ojos - mindfuck. I still dont know if the dude got crazy and jumped off a building or if he woke up from death or what! Manderlay - The slaves enslaved themselvesHarry Potter 8 - I hadnt read the book so I didn't not know about the Snape twist.