Impact

Most shocking ending (Spoilers are fair game)

Well here are some classics:Sixth SensePlanet of the Apes (1968)Titanic...oh wait.Speaking of which, it is very hard to ever have a shocking ending any more. (Crying Game could never work now due to the fact that one can simply click to see it was a male.)But yeah due to how people can read scripts way in advance now...

I guessed the ending of The Sixth Sense a mile off, and I was like 11 and knew nothing about it...Anyway, the most shocking ending for me didn't shock me in a "Oh my God I totally didn't see that coming!" way but in a completely more emotionally shocking way. United 93.

Edited by CoolioD1

I did kinda have my jaw drop with the ending of Saw 3D. Yes it's a stupid franchise, and yes the twist has been discussed on different sites over the years and been hinted at in the films, but them actually using that as the ending shocked me. Pathetic reasoning I know, and I doubt many would agree, but that's just me.

I'd have to agree with Leo's fate in The Departed. Absolutely shocked, jaw dropped moment for me. Saw this on DVD at home for the first time and had to pause it to process it.The first Saw, I saw in theatres and the ending in the bathroom and discovering Jigsaw's identity blew me the eff away.Unfortunately, the Sixth Sense was the worse experience of my life because some douche gave it away. :angry:Requiem for a Dream, although, you could see a mile away that this was going to be a downer of a movie, was still shocking. Not an OMG! WTF?! ending type of thing. Just as a whole, the last 15 minutes were powerful enough to leave me stranded with shock. Great film.High Tension, a horror film, shocked as well with its ending. Didn't necessarily like it, but it was quite unexpected.

The Sixth Sense - I really didn't see that one coming, but then again, I was five or six when I first saw the film. I still remember to this day how terrified I felt.The Mist - easily one of the most gut-wrenching endings I've ever seen.

My problem with The Mist ending was that it was so out of place ( the entire movie had these huge holes but this one was the biggest ) If I recall correctly the military came from behind the car which didn't make any sense and it totally destroyed all actions from the characters trying to get out of store and leave cause if they stayed military would have picked them up and they would have been saved I know its maybe silly to stress over this but I was like why couldn't the military come from the front like it was supposed to yet they came from behind totally making the ending ... bad

My problem with The Mist ending was that it was so out of place ( the entire movie had these huge holes but this one was the biggest )If I recall correctly the military came from behind the car which didn't make any sense and it totally destroyed all actions from the characters trying to get out of store and leave cause if they stayed military would have picked them up and they would have been savedI know its maybe silly to stress over this but I was like why couldn't the military come from the front like it was supposed to yet they came from behind totally making the ending ... bad

You realize that there was mist all over the place so you have no idea in which direction the car was actually pointing in relation to the town based on the current road. You don't know what road they're on, if they changed roads, etc. In an average movie, yeah, it's something to pick at, but in a film where everything is blocked by mist to destroy all sense of direction, and where the film doesn't show every single minute of the road journey (so you have no clue where they actually are), there's no hole whatsoever.Also, the fact that it destroyed the actions was the whole point. People thought it was the end of the world. Some went crazy biblical like the majority of people in the supermarket. Others decided to opt out (suicide). The fact that the whole thing was relatively localized and containable is what makes the whole thing tragic, because none of the characters knew or could have known that rescue was that close away.

You realize that there was mist all over the place so you have no idea in which direction the car was actually pointing in relation to the town based on the current road. You don't know what road they're on, if they changed roads, etc. In an average movie, yeah, it's something to pick at, but in a film where everything is blocked by mist to destroy all sense of direction, and where the film doesn't show every single minute of the road journey (so you have no clue where they actually are), there's no hole whatsoever.Also, the fact that it destroyed the actions was the whole point. People thought it was the end of the world. Some went crazy biblical like the majority of people in the supermarket. Others decided to opt out (suicide). The fact that the whole thing was relatively localized and containable is what makes the whole thing tragic, because none of the characters knew or could have known that rescue was that close away.

Hmm wasn't the plan to just go straight ahead precisely cause of the mist ? Also I remember their journey took like 5 minutes of various shots of them going straight and following the road ... also the lady in the truck they show in close up is the one that left the store at the beginning of the mist searching for her kid I think ... which naturally points out that the military convo is heading from that direction = from behind Again, I don't mind the shocking ending but this particular part is what gets me on some strange level ... it just doesn't feel right