#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

No because it is the third highest midnight gross ever. That's why.

Well "if you ain't first, you're last" :PJust messing with you, baumer ;) Edited by 75live

So how are things looking with this number? NM 26m only midnight # led to 142m, which means over 150m+ is in place, right?

It still can go either way since BD1 had about the same midnights and ended up with $138.1 mil for the weekend. But yes $150 can still be in play for now

Gotta hand it to you, I took that post literally for a couple of seconds. :)

It was of course a post intended to entertain and amuse.Seriously though, it seems to me like movie theaters are happy to sell tickets without assigned seating. It seems like if some folks knew that only the front row was available, the theater would have a lot harder time selling those last tickets.
  • Like 1

The number is great, consistant with biggest Twi midnights, anyone who thinks differently should seek therapist.

TWILIGHT can never, ever win with its detractors. If he film had made, say 50 million midnights, the fanboys would be like "LOL! The most frontloaded first day ever!; this just proves that the fangirls are camping out in front of the theatres and they want to be FIRST o see it" and if it had made 15 million, they would say "LOL! I Knew it! Even fans are sickk of it! Flop!!" As it is, they will downplay the actual figure and say "that''s too low for the level of hype. That''s underwhelmingblahblahblah" Edited by cochofles
  • Like 3

Twilight and Harry Potter fan bases are not the same, and Potter has always had more casual fans than Twilight. Not comparable. And DH2 *did* have 3D. So at least some of that large bump is due to that.

Though still, one might expect a *little* bit of a bump, but the fact that there wasn't probably just means that the casuals really *aren't* there.

HP is a bigger franchise with more fans. DH2 had the extra bonuses of 3D plus summer meaning that kids didn't have school on Friday.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Fans are fans, they don't mind if its winter or summer and only fans go to the midnights. I said "even without 3D" DH2 had a bump from DH1 in it's midnight, fact. on DOM market, the twilight and potter franchises are the same size (twilight just more frontloaded) Edited by Goffe Bond

No because it is the third highest midnight gross ever. That's why.

Ugh. It's not really a midnight gross, dude. Even Jurassic Park broke 3m at 10pm nearly a decade before The Two Towers made 4m at midnight.
  • Like 1

So how are things looking with this number? NM 26m only midnight # led to 142m, which means over 150m+ is in place, right?

yep

I don't know, it really is tough to say with Twilight. You just don't know how front-loaded these movies can be. It's definitely not locked either way though.

I don't know, it really is tough to say with Twilight. You just don't know how front-loaded these movies can be. It's definitely not locked either way though.

Read my post again. I asked if it's still in play.

It's Midnight/Thursday night show numbers.

It's shows from Thursday 10pm on. Which means it had basically an extra showing over most films that had strictly midnights before. You can't compare and say this is "3rd best midnights" when that just simply isn't true. Even where I was they had 10pm and 12am showings, and I live in the boonies. Edited by ShAAken not Stirred™
  • Like 2