#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

If Skyfall follows Quantum of Solace drops (if the sunday projection for Skyfall is right), it's gonna be at 220m after TG weekend coming from a 33m 3 day.This movie, even though some will disagree, does more than "normal" numbers, that 53% drop is very good coming from a 90m opening and against an 140m opener.

TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN PT. 2 broke through w/ $141.3M--8th best debut ever.

FLOP!!!!!! It didn't gross as much as the OW of TA, HG or DH2! Plus it will not make as much as Avatar, Titanic, or The Avengers ! Clearly even the Twihards have moved on!!!!!!! Thank God that this floppity flopping flop series is over!!!*

*Imagine this in the desperately hyperbolic "voice" of your favorite anti-Twilight trollop.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 3

FLOP!!!!!! It didn't gross as much as the OW of TA, HG or DH2! Plus it will not make as much as Avatar, Titanic, or The Avengers ! Clearly even the Twihards have moved on!!!!!!! Thank God that this floppity flopping flop series is over!!!*

*Imagine this in the desperately hyperbolic "voice" of your favorite anti-Twilight trollop.

You know, you have a very big mouth, miss! Are you hiding something from me? I bet you that is your Porsche parked outside, isn't it? Edited by Don Niam The Stingray

You know, you have a very big mouth, miss! Are you hiding something from me? I bet you that is you Porsche parked outside, isn't it?

Don't start a new one....let's just keep it for box office and we'll do Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 some other time.....cuz we all know Judy can suck a golf ball through 30 feet of garden hose.

The reason I'm amazed with the numbers is that when all is said and done, and the multiplier stays consistent with the other films, it will earn between 290 and 301....that is incredible imo. Twilight fans are consistent and they neither disappear nor expand. What a franchise to be able to hold serve on ever single sequel. That makes it a very big story imo.....and it has a very real shot to do 800 WW....incredible.

• Like 2

Well, RTH was wrong twice in this thread. He gave us a 63-65 number on Friday and a 44-46 on Saturday....causing this place to explode both times.....lol......God bless RTH though....we need you buddy.It's funny reading all the stuff from people saying this would make 125 mill OW with the 9pm friday projections.

• Like 2

RTH was as wrong as every other early prediction, he only can project by comparing to similar movies and BD obviously had some unexpected developmets over the day and he reacted after he recognized it, so nothing wrong with that.And also nothing funny about those 125m projections, as those would have been spot on. That's what we do here with early estimates, don't we? We only can work with those numbers we were given.