#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

For the record, BD2 just had the 2nd biggest OD of all time in the UK at around £7m ($11m).So I really don't know what's going on in the US.

US is always first to set a trend but also cool off on what isn`t considered cool anymore or is replaced by new cool thing. hence why actors who aren`t big in US anymore are still big OS and why franchises that drop Stateside increase OS. Edited by fishnets

US is always first to set a trend but also cool off on what isn`t considered cool anymore or is replaced by new cool thing. hence why actors who aren`t big in US anymore are still big OS and why franchises that drop Stateside increase OS.

Well not really, because English speaking countries (UK and Aus) generally follow the same trends as the US.What you're describing happens more frequently in developing countries. Edited by Heretic

Overall, this weekends box office is lower than anticipated but there doesn't seem to be a clear reason as to why. Could the Tuesday release of Call Of Duty: Black OPS II be affecting movie attendance? COD is a massively popular multilayer death match game that appeals to much of the same demographics as Twilight and Bond.

Not to mention Halo 4 which was released the previous day, making 220m that same day. Oh, and CoD:BO2 made 500m in one day.Not sure if that will have effect on box office but damn!

Here’s the Top 10 based on Friday estimates:

1. Breaking Dawn Part 2 (Summit/Lionsgate) NEW [Runs 4,070] PG13

Friday $65.0M, Weekend $135.3M

2. Skyfall (Eon/MGM/Sony) Week 2 [Runs 3,505] PG13

Friday $11.8M (-61%), Weekend $38.0M, Cume $158.0M

3. Lincoln (DreamWorks/Fox/Disney) Week 2 [Runs 1,775] PG13

Friday $6.5M, Weekend $18.0M, Cume $19.5M

4. Wreck-It Ralph (Disney) Week 3 [Runs 3,622] PG

Friday $4.3M, Weekend $19.0M, Cume $122.1M

5. Flight (Paramount) Week 3 [Runs 2,612] R

Friday $2.5M, Weekend $8.5M, Cume $61.2M

6. Argo (Warner Bros) Week 6 [Runs 2,210] R

Friday $1.1M, Weekend $3.9M, Cume $91.9M

7. Taken 2 (Fox) Week 7 [Runs 2,063] PG13

Friday $650K, Weekend $2.2M, Cume $134.7M

8. Pitch Perfect (Universal) Week 8 [Runs 1,122] PG13

Friday $400K, Weekend $1.3M, Cume $61.1M

9. Here Comes The Boom (Sony) Week 6 [Runs 1,350] PG

Friday $350K, Weekend $1.2M, Cume $41.1M

10. Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Yash Raj Films) NEW [Runs 161] NR

Friday $325K, Weekend $1.1M

http://www.deadline....es-at-midnight/

What is this? :huh:

Are you drunk?

You think 61%, 46% and 42% drops are good for the movies? Skyfall: OMG, awesome, long legs, $300m, $250m lock, $45m+ 2nd weekend, great WOM, next *insert long leg blockbuster*Ralph: Superb WOM, $200m+ Flight: Great WOM, increasing TC, $100mSo, no. People here seem to say a lot of stupid things and when the time comes and the drops are actually very average, it's still "fantastic", "great", "what I was expecting". Blindly optimistic, or hypocritical, or just blatant lies, either which way ignoring circumstances, predictions, statements and etc. Anyway, I don't care for discussing crappy numbers being wrapped up in colourful paper.
  • Like 1

You think 61%, 46% and 42% drops are good for the movies?Skyfall: OMG, awesome, long legs, $300m, $250m lock, $45m+ 2nd weekend, great WOM, next *insert long leg blockbuster*Ralph: Superb WOM, $200m+Flight: Great WOM, increasing TC, $100mSo, no. People here seem to say a lot of stupid things and when the time comes and the drops are actually very average, it's still "fantastic", "great", "what I was expecting". Blindly optimistic, or hypocritical, or just blatant lies, either which way ignoring circumstances, predictions, statements and etc. Anyway, I don't care for discussing crappy numbers being wrapped up in colourful paper.

You need to chill, dude.

You think 61%, 46% and 42% drops are good for the movies?Skyfall: OMG, awesome, long legs, $300m, $250m lock, $45m+ 2nd weekend, great WOM, next *insert long leg blockbuster*Ralph: Superb WOM, $200m+Flight: Great WOM, increasing TC, $100mSo, no. People here seem to say a lot of stupid things and when the time comes and the drops are actually very average, it's still "fantastic", "great", "what I was expecting". Blindly optimistic, or hypocritical, or just blatant lies, either which way ignoring circumstances, predictions, statements and etc. Anyway, I don't care for discussing crappy numbers being wrapped up in colourful paper.

:lol: