Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

????♥️. Watch the first look of ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, in theaters May 27.

Posted by

Walt Disney Studios

on Thursday, 5 November 2015

It looks quite generic, the thought the final bit was amusing. though.  

Doubt the trailer did anything to anyone who wasn't already interested in the movie.

I can see a Prince Caspian drop, with 2 aggravations: No goodwill and half of the 3D share from the first movie.

applying the same drop, already taking into account the 3D share, Alice 2 would make around 140m.  

Edited by Goffe

1 minute ago, treeroy said:

I just found out Depp actually won the SAG Best Actor award for Pirates of the Caribbean. And I thought the Oscars were a joke.

It was a really really really beloved performance at the time (and despite so many lame sequels, still is).

I'm curious as to how this performs. Burton's not directing, Depp's appeal has dropped tremendously, 3D is now no longer a big deal (when it was a big selling point for the first movie which was the first film in the format since Avatar), and this sequel seems to be at least 3-4 years too late. A 50% drop-off sounds about right, though that would still be a huge total.