iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Buddy....80% of us at this site could be and should writing for one of these major film publications. We have an inherently deeper knowledge of this stuff....mainly because we dissect everything 24 hours a day.

OMG, this is the greatest truth ever spoken about this site and incompetency of boxoffice journalism. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:Those overpaid bitches don`t know what the fuck they are doing, saying, counting,etc. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I can't get over how dead the theater is right now - there is no line at all for tickets or concessions and after the craziness of skyfall and Ralph weekends I assumed it would be nuts here and it's just dead like the weekend I saw looper dead. :(

• Like 2

So the Month's OD is broken, people still say its a disappointment. The Month's OW will be broken and people are saying it's still a disappointment.BD2 midnights and OW were a disappointment to this forum.448M was a disappointment for TDKR according to this forum.I just don't understand some of you.Seriously.

• Like 1

So the Month's OD is broken, people still say its a disappointment. The Month's OW will be broken and people are saying it's still a disappointment.BD2 midnights and OW were a disappointment to this forum.448M was a disappointment for TDKR according to this forum.I just don't understand some of you.Seriously.

It has to do with expectations. Some movies have different expectations than others and rightfully so

Avengers wasn't disappointing.... Just saying

I can't get over how dead the theater is right now - there is no line at all for tickets or concessions and after the craziness of skyfall and Ralph weekends I assumed it would be nuts here and it's just dead like the weekend I saw looper dead. :(

Oh, Jesus! I`m not rooting for TH like at all. I think PJ should pay for his annoying overratedness and bloat and shit for 5 more decades before redeeming himself. I`m thrilled that his return to ME is slammed by critics who fell out of love with him with a good reason. BUT! Get this into your heads, all of you. This is not a holiday weekend. Office parties are held everywhere. Hell, I just left one because my med made me too drowsy. So they are not at the cinema. Not today. hey, I wish they won`t flock the cinema tomorrow but they will. Sucks but that`s a fact of life. This overlong boring juvenile movie will get the boost when families wake up. That`s how the business works.

BTW, that bitch LOTR has always been a Saturday movie. Just when I was going "woo-hoo, shit Friday, take that Shitto" the bitch movies made an enormous Saturday jump. TH is also going to be Saturday player though hopefully not as crazy as LOTR. But just so you know that was the patern. So make your predix accordingly.

"The Hobbit" really is unpredictable.Originally I thought it would open in the 90s with 8-10m at midnight. (It's still december, right?)Then the midnight numbers came out and I thought, wow, great. But then I questioned myself, if it would behave like a sequel or an original movie. I decided to up my prediction to 105m, something inbetween.And now there are the early numbers and if they became true, it would make "The Hobbit" pretty frontloaded, at least concerning the OW.But as I said before, this is just the start of the holidays and families will decide where the journey goes.Fellowship openend in the mid 40s and we all know where holiday legs lead that movie.Hell, there are movies like Alvin and the Chipmunks doing 200m. Without having seen "The Hobbit", we all know that it's so much better.Critics may be disappointed, but I think they are to harsh with their judgement. "the Hobbit" will definetly be more than a 6.5, when Alvin is a 4.4.