iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

I think with those Friday numbers this is still a good IM for Hobbbit and let's be honest it was not hitting $90m with the big midnight/OS ratio.Great for holdovers and specially SLP...expand it already, JESUS what are you waiting for Harvey?With no competition in January and holidays to boost its gross ROTG will hit $100m. I think it can get to $120m but that is the MAX at this point IMO. Pi should get to $100m as well.Both BD2 and Skyfall are reaching $300m and the later should overtake the former soon enough. Lincoln keeps the hope alive for $200m...what a beast.Flight could have done a little better though I still believe it will hit $100m eventually.

Sooooooo, TH made 50M less than some people predicted?Thats hilarious

It's hilarious in how ridiculous some people's prediction are rather than the film's gross. People expected it to double the December record?Clearly people with no grasp of the box office.

I think with those Friday numbers this is still a good IM for Hobbbit and let's be honest it was not hitting $90m with the big midnight/OS ratio.Great for holdovers and specially SLP...expand it already, JESUS what are you waiting for Harvey?With no competition in January and holidays to boost its gross ROTG will hit $100m. I think it can get to $120m but that is the MAX at this point IMO. Pi should get to $100m as well.Both BD2 and Skyfall are reaching $300m and the later should overtake the former soon enough. Lincoln keeps the hope alive for $200m...what a beast.Flight could have done a little better though I still believe it will hit $100m eventually.

I don't think Lincoln will hit $200M... Maybe $150M-$160M at it's best, and that if it gets some decent Academy Award nominations, which it will.

I don't think Lincoln will hit $200M... Maybe $150M-$160M at it's best, and that if it gets some decent Academy Award nominations, which it will.

This, it made just 7 million this weekend, even with a huge ass expansion come Oscar nominations it hasn't got another 90+ million dollars in the tank.

The Hobbit's numbers are solid and overall very good. It should have good legs and $300 million is easily achievable. That said it really shouldn't have had a problem edging over $100 million. Return of the King's weekend gross is well over $90 million when adjusting, and that was with a Wednesday release. Being the prequel to one of the most beloved film trilogies in modern cinema as well as one of the most influential book series of all time in addition to having 3D and IMAX it should have at least matched that.

Not trying to be overly negative or anything because it's definitely a great starting number and could still have a great run ahead of it. But anyone trying to say this isn't at least a bit underwhelming is just in denial.

First time I've checked in on the Hobbit's numbers, all I can say is lolThis is why some of you guys shouldn't simply expect every movie you're looking forward to to be a giant monster. Same thing will happen with movies like MoS and PR next year if some of these gargantuan expectations aren't put into check

• Like 4

First time I've checked in on the Hobbit's numbers, all I can say is lolThis is why some of you guys shouldn't simply expect every movie you're looking forward to to be a giant monster. Same thing will happen with movies like MoS and PR next year if some of these gargantuan expectations aren't put into check

I think Pacific Rim is being grossly overestimated by some. Granted we've only seen one trailer (a bad one at that), but I don't see it doing over 200m, if it even hits that mark in the first place.

And for those saying this was plummeting on IMDB. It's not.Still 8.7, and over 51,000 votes.

It updates slower on the movie page. If you check the top 250, you can find it around place 88 with 8.3So...it dropped, and there are many votes to come. Will be lucky to stay in top 250.

I think Pacific Rim is being grossly overestimated by some. Granted we've only seen one trailer (a bad one at that), but I don't see it doing over 200m, if it even hits that mark in the first place.

I love GDT and I'm really looking forward to it, but it's really annoying to see how huge some are setting the expectations. It's not going to make half of what some are predicting
  • Like 4

I love GDT and I'm really looking forward to it, but it's really annoying to see how huge some are setting the expectations. It's not going to make half of what some are predicting

$800m WW for Pacific Rim is the biggest number I expect, not more. But that would be enough to create a new big franchise, and PR2 could pass $1B. I hope it can be successful.