iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Should'ent Hobbit3 be affraid of DOFP now ?!??!!!

Yes, specially if it has a 3 hour runtime (which I think would be bad for a summer release) and X-Men DOFP can open in the neighborhood of X-Men: The Last Stand ($100m+ OW). Its highly possible that DOFP opens higher than Hobbit 3. Unless, The Hobbit trilogy gets a LOTR type effect where each movie does better then the last.

It will.

It seems like WB mostly stuck it in the summer because they didn't have another big tentpole ready to go for that mid-July date, and I don't see them letting another studio take the date. They've released a movie there every year since, what, Potter in 07?

3D really is dying. The norm seems to be a 40%-50% share but 3D still gets more screens. Unless it's used for IMAX or a midlevel hit made for 3D (Hugo, Life of Pi), audiences are actively trying to avoid it.

It's too bad, because I think 3D has endless possibilites. Too bad crap filmmakers keep fucking up with the tool

It seems like WB mostly stuck it in the summer because they didn't have another big tentpole ready to go for that mid-July date What about December, what movie do they have? They have Jupiter Ascending., and I don't see them letting another studio take the date. They've released a movie there every year since, what, Potter in 07?

memorial weekend is even worst, with FF6 and THGOVER3, exact same demo, what studios are thinking?

Release date chicken, no one wants to be the one who backed down. Everything in Hollywood lives or dies on perception