baumer

Wednesday #s Nikki (Hobbit 6.3)

Just for fun (and this really means very little...too many mitigating factors to predict a daily run going forward), let's look at possible numbers for the Hobbit:Thurs: 6.3Fri: 11.9Sat: 14.0Sun: 12.0Mon: 5.4 (-55%)Christmas Day: 11.3 (+115%)Boxing Day: 9.4 (-17%)Thurs: 8.0 (-15%)Fri: 9.75Sat: 11.22Sun: 9.6NYE: 6.0NYD: 8.4 (+40%)223.4 by NYDJan 2: 4.2Thurs: 3.5Fri: 6.3(+80%)Sat: 8.5 (+30%)Sun: 4.6 (-45%)27.1 after the weekend of Jan 4-6Total is 250I am Legend did about 28 mill more from here on out. The Hobbit opened to 8.5% more than IAL. If it was to do 8% more than 28 mill, that gives it about 30 mill.So the absolute lowest it will finish, based off these unscientific numbers, is 281 mill.

• Like 2

Looking at next year, hobbit 2 wont have an easy 2nd weekend. 5 movies that has appeal to all ages are releasing.

Anchorman: The Legend Continues (Par.) - 12/20

Last Vegas (CBS) - 12/20

Monuments Men (Sony) - 12/20

Saving Mr. Banks (BV) - 12/20

Walking with Dinosaurs (Fox) - 12/20

Anchorman will be big and so will probably the dinosaurs movie.

No. FOTR ending up the lowest grossing just because wastly inferior movie has IMAX + 3D premium and 10 years inflation and 12500 screens half of them empty would be disgusting. No. Just no. All TH movies under FOTR.

lol, you haven't seen Hobbit so how do you know it's vastly inferior?
  • Like 1

Book is to begin with, so is the cast so are the reviews and even fanboys don`t bullshit that this is FOTR level good.

Fanboys love ROTK and somehow you bitch about it everyday. You take fanboys' views for Hobbit but not ROTK?
  • Like 1

FOTR is superior to Shriekapoo. Even if Shriekapoo didn`t have Shitto and was just ROTK, FOTR would have been superior.

FOTR is my favorite of the OT but you didn't answer my question. Why believe fanboys for one movie and not the other?

FOTR is my favorite of the OT but you didn't answer my question. Why believe fanboys for one movie and not the other?

I have Shitto bias against TTT and Shirkeapoo. I never said I was totlaly objective about those two. I hate Shitto. Why did we have to lose Heath Ledger? Edited by fishnets

Looking at next year, hobbit 2 wont have an easy 2nd weekend. 5 movies that has appeal to all ages are releasing.

Anchorman: The Legend Continues (Par.) -

12/20

Last Vegas (CBS) - 12/20

Monuments Men (Sony) - 12/20

Saving Mr. Banks (BV) - 12/20

Walking with

Dinosaurs (Fox) - 12/20

Anchorman will be big and so will probably the

dinosaurs movie.

Whoa what "huge" competition! Lol
  • Like 1