baumer

Wednesday #s Nikki (Hobbit 6.3)

The Hobbit: 6.3 mill -20%The Guilt Trip: 1.1 millMonster's Inc 3D: 800KZero Dark Thirty: 125,000 from 5 locations.https://mobile.twitt...28379631616?p=vI love how this is now "breaking records". This record breaking stuff is so lame.

Edited by baumer

I just hope it can pass FOTR.

No. FOTR ending up the lowest grossing just because wastly inferior movie has IMAX + 3D premium and 10 years inflation and 12500 screens half of them empty would be disgusting. No. Just no. All TH movies under FOTR.
  • Like 6

Basically the same Monday to Wednesday retention percentage as I Am Legend. If it follows IAL from here- 6.34m Thursday (0.7%) 11.4m Friday (79.9%) 12.96m Saturday (13.7%) 10.65m Sunday (-17.8%) 35m weekend (-58.6%) With the family factor I expect stronger Thurs/Fri/Sat bumps but I could be wrong. It hasn't had an impressive daily hold in its run so far. Guilt Trip could rebound on Christmas but they were clearly going for the Focker audience here and they're not going to show up. And as I expected, MI3D won't do very well. No wonder Disney is canceling its upcoming 3D re-releases.