baumer

Wednesday #s Nikki (Hobbit 6.3)

LOLI see no sign of great legs so far. This flick is frontloaded. 4x multiplier from OW (excluding midnights) seems like best case right now.

You must be mistaking me for someone who wants it to do well. I didn't like the idea of the film at all and I liked the film even less. I'm just saying that the holidays will almost certainly get it past 250.

Shiiiiit, 22% gave ZDT a 1/10 on IMDB. Who are these people?

LOL a political military movie? Could be any extremist nut job or could be some completely sane person that doesn't like U.S. tactics or could be Osama loyalists. In other words could be anybody with an agenda. Could be Cameron fans pissed off at Bigelow for winning best picture with THL.

LOL a political military movie? Could be any extremist nut job or could be some completely sane person that doesn't like U.S. tactics or could be Osama loyalists. In other words could be anybody with an agenda. Could be Cameron fans pissed off at Bigelow for winning best picture with THL.

Actually, THL win pissed off Tarantino fans much more. Because QT lost writing as well as eevrything else to THL.
  • Like 1

ZDT is a controversial movie for many reasons and maybe I will be proven wrong eventually but I don't think it is an Oscars frontrunner for the same reasons.Secondly, movies about Iraq,Afghanistan and Al-Qaeda never get good ratings from the audience. It will probably finish with an okayish 7.5 on IMDB after.all the trolling has been done.

I still think its gonna be Argo taking the Oscars.

There are rumors that Affleck is going to run for senate. One of the trade mags (Variety or THR) reported that he just dropped out of some movie that was going to start shooting in April/May right when the special elections are likely to be held. If this is true, consider him the new front-runner for Best Director.

There are rumors that Affleck is going to run for senate. One of the trade mags (Variety or THR) reported that he just dropped out of some movie that was going to start shooting in April/May right when the special elections are likely to be held. If this is true, consider him the new front-runner for Best Director.

he wanted to go into politics for quite some time. I remember the chatter last year or before that. So it definitely isn`t an Oscar win-booster thing like Chastain`s nude photospread. Edited by fishnets

Here is the politico article where he didn't answer the question

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/12/ben-affleck-mum-on-senate-run-152441.html

Ben Affleck mum on Senate run

Actor Ben Affleck is refusing to comment on reports that he’s being touted as a possible senatorial candidate in Massachusetts.

In Washington to raise awareness about the violence plaguing Congo, Affleck was also scheduled to meet Wednesday with other lawmakers, including Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), who is widely believed to be replacing Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, which would open a special election for a Senate seat in Massachusetts.

“That’s not what I’m here to talk about,” Affleck told POLITICO. “I’m here to talk about what role we can play in making the Eastern Congo a better place.”

Earlier this week, reports surfaced that he was being touted as a potential candidate for Senate in Massachusetts. Affleck campaigned for Sen.-elect Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) in her race against freshman Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) in November. There is also speculation that Brown would be interested in running again.

Huh? Ridiculous.

Huh? Ridiculous.

He is already in a pretty strong position. Look up all the actors who have won Best Director in the past. SAG and WGA has a pretty strong presence in AMPAS and they love their actors/writers nominated for this award. Edited by TLK

Who knew that within 10 years of this debacle...

Posted Image

....that Affleck would become the hottest director in Hollywood and a potential Presidential candidate in the not too distant future?

:huh:

Who the hell is offering a presidential nom for Affleck?

He is already in a pretty strong position. Look up all the actors who have won Best Director in the past. SAG and WGA has a pretty strong presence in AMPAS and they love their actors/writers nominated for this award.

He's in a solid spot, but I don't think he's the frontrunner at the moment (or even the runner-up) and I don't think that would change just because he decides to run for office.