filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (12/26)

Except what I'm saying is you can't just talk about the Broncos to make the Superbowl without talking about the Patriots and the Texans. You're bringing the Chiefs into it. What I'm trying to promote is relevant discussion of major aspects of the box office.

LOL @ Chiefs comment. Good point.

So, with holdovers dropping bigger than 2007 movies, the drops for Django and Les Miserables look even better.Parental Guidance dropping in the same range is not that great, may miss 100m now.

But the funniest thing is people thought it would bomb, and now we are saying it "might miss 100". I'm sure if it does 70-80 mill, it's about double what anyone thought it would do.
  • Like 1

So, with holdovers dropping bigger than 2007 movies, the drops for Django and Les Miserables look even better.Parental Guidance dropping in the same range is not that great, may miss 100m now.

I agree about Les Mis, Django and PG. While LM and DJ held very well, PG should've dropped a lot less given that it's a kids movie.

I agree about Les Mis, Django and PG. While LM and DJ held very well, PG should've dropped a lot less given that it's a kids movie.

I don't think it's a kids movie at all. It will skew older, much older. People my age will be the target audience. What 10 year old is going to want to see a film about 60 year old adults?

It had kids in the movie since it was marketed as a family movie.

I don't know, would you say Cheaper By The Dozen is a kids movie? I don't think a lot of kids were begging their parents to see that film.

I Was when it came out...I loved Steve Martin and I also really liked that movie

Hmm..okay, I never really looked at it as a kids movie, but I guess I see your point.

Harvey did an amazing job with SLP. It was tracking like shit and a full release would've meant a weak opening. It would've stabilized because of good WOM and right when the WOM was kicking in it would've lost half of its theaters to Christmas movies. There is a reason Harvey is who he is and SLP will be in 2000 theaters when awrds season begins in earnest in mid-January.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

With those numbers, are Skyfall and BD2 still on track for $300m?!

BD2 looks headed toward $293-295 million, I think. Skyfall, though, has a great shot. It would have to collapse to miss it at this point. Edited by ShawnMR