Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

I'm doubting It'll get a $30M opening, but it will finish around PA4 for sureBest case scenario: $20M opening and x3 multiplier.

I may end up eating crow on this but I think $30 million OW is the absolute floor. We haven't had a comedy break out since Ted/The Campaign and this movie is just perfect escape from all the serious and violent fare on screen these days.

So until then we're still going full on sarcasm?Explains your post at least.

My point was that sarcasm would become reality if LM dropped today. Because right now calling it a flop is about as founded as calling TH The Floppit. But if Saturday had a drop instead of expected jump than no more sarcasm, all real bombs.

Already sick. :P

from too much close-ups. :P

The live singing thing on Les Miz is a PR joke.It seems people don't know how movies are done in the sound departement.

I think they should have split it in 3 movies considering that the movie really is made of 3 parts. So LM:An Undexpected Parole would have actually explained how Valjean pulled off rugs-to-riches cause they`d have to add new songs to beef up the story. Soi they would`ve had original songs eligible for oriignal Score and Original Song. Bullseye. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

The live singing thing on Les Miz is a PR joke.It seems people don't know how movies are done in the sound departement.

ehhhhhhhhhhh, what do you mean? They recorded the sound live with a live piano, then the orchestra played along to the singing in post. Some of it (ensembles) where obviously done in post, but all the solo songs were done live.And it definitely was a lot more emotional then most musicals. The only problem with live singing is that sometimes the acting gets in the way of singing (which doesn't always mean its a problem, more depends on your taste) Edited by Ball Lightning