baumer

Tues Numbers RTH (NYD and Cheap Tues make for big bump)

I was talking about discount tickets.

Discount tickets work both ways. They deflate incoming receipts per admission, and since NYD is traditionally a major moviegoing day, discount Tuesday wouldn't affect actual moviegoing as much as incoming receipts per ticket.Using a local theater as an example, if Film X on a normal Tuesday gets 1 million admissions for $8 a ticket, it gets $8 million. But if on discount Tuesday it gets 1.25 million admissions for $5 a ticket, it gets $7.25 million. More people come, but it makes less money. Edited by 4815162342

Well, I don't get it either, but at least that is the explanation I got and it seems to echo a lot of what you read on imdb. There are obviously a lot of people who really like it.

Yeah everybody I know who has seen it LOVES it to death. However they are only willing to see it once maybe just maybe twice (if it is discounted or a large group of friends are going) because of the long running time and high price of tickets. Les Miserables is getting the same reception too. Well liked but the audience isn't giving them repeated viewings.
  • Like 1

Django has insane WOM and has been trending on Twitter since like the day it came out. It's the hip and quotable movie of this holiday season, almost like a more serious Ted. It's also doing incredibly well among two key demographics, young people and African Americans, so the buzz should only continue to build, especially if it gets nominated for Best Picture. With a BP nomination, 175 plus is certainly possible.

• Like 1

Avengers was a novelty...Having all those hero's working together drew in massive interest.Then you had a well reviewed film that was funny and action packed and really was way better then sooo many summer blockbusters.... We can argue about TA not being that great but compared to the mega summer blockbusters of year's past, it was well above average.

• Like 4

So The Hobbit will be released Jan 11th in China and Skyfall is due January 21th.Looks like The Hobbit may not do so well in China.

Atleast they are 10 days apart

So The Hobbit will be released Jan 11th in China and Skyfall is due January 21th.

Did i miss something? Didn't catch that in the China thread.p.s.Checked again, seems like Hobbit's out on February 15. Edited by Elessar

A buddy of mine saw it over the holidays. He is a classic example of a LOTR loonie. He loved it. When I asked him what he loved about it and if he even liked the first 45 minutes, he said, "Yea, the beginning was tedious and the eating and singing was bad and it really bored me, but once they got out of the Shire, it was fucking awesome. Non stop action and that's what I liked."So there you go. I guess the loonies are easy to please.

No no, *real* loonies love the eating and singing. ;)
  • Like 4

A buddy of mine saw it over the holidays. He is a classic example of a LOTR loonie. He loved it. When I asked him what he loved about it and if he even liked the first 45 minutes, he said, "Yea, the beginning was tedious and the eating and singing was bad and it really bored me, but once they got out of the Shire, it was fucking awesome. Non stop action and that's what I liked."So there you go. I guess the loonies are easy to please.

I loved the party at Bilbo's house. Overall a great movie with strong visuals.
  • Like 1

I just want all actors from TH to go back to BBC and shampoo commercials when all is said and done. It isn`t much to ask. I know that even fanboys won`t mind not seeing any of them ever again in anything relevant so we are on the same page.I`ll also keep reposting this real life (no Photoshop bullshit) picture of Tauriel so that her fans don`t get boners when she starts wileding 2 daggers:

Posted Image

Too bad siggie-size picture doesn`t show wrinkles in their full glory so I can`t make a sig.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I just want all actors from TH to go back to BBC and shampoo commercials when all is said and done. It isn`t much to ask. I know that even fanboys won`t mind not seeing any of them ever again in anything relevant so we are on the same page.

lol, you got to be joking. We still have 2 more movies to go so they'll be around for few years at least.

lol, you got to be joking. We still have 2 more movies to go so they'll be around for few years at least.

In TH. I want them to bomb with the indsutry that nobody give them good roles and that they disappear into oblivion from where they came from. And if I want someone to bomb they bomb. So bomb!