Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

Did you watch Texans play the last month especially the last 2 games. They couldn't block Colts or the Vikes and Bengals have a better D-line so I'm afraid very afraid actually. Geno Atkins is going to have a field day against our O-line. That's what happens, when your team chokes the home field away and you end up playing on Wild-card weekend. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Yep, I think Cinci has a good chance today. Their D is playing lights out right now.

It's funny, American (and Canadian) football is very simple in theory. Get to the other end of the field and spike the ball. That's it. You have four chances every ten yards to get another opportunity to have four more chances every ten yards to keep moving the ball. The defense tries to take the ball away from you. That's really about it. All of the penalties and such can be confusing, but any sport can be confusing if you get into the minutia of it.

European Football is really easy, maybe too much...But American Football isn't easy to understand with all these statistics and rules, and strategies from the quaterback, and it's not easy to recognise players given you can't see their face or hair, you have to follow the number in their back, not very pleasant.
  • Like 1

European Football is really easy, maybe too much...But American Football isn't easy to understand with all these statistics and rules, and strategies from the quaterback, and it's not easy to recognise players given you can't see their face or hair, you have to follow the number in their back, not very pleasant.

I still don't understand offside completely in European football. :dunce:
  • Like 1

Did you watch Texans play the last month especially the last 2 games. They couldn't block Colts or the Vikes and Bengals have a better D-line so I'm afraid very afraid actually. Geno Atkins is going to have a field day against our O-line. That's what happens, when your team chokes the home field away and you end up playing on Wild-card weekend. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

No doubt the Texans have struggled the past month, and if they make it to the next round against the Patriots that's certainly cause for concern. Atkins, Mike Johnson, and Dunlap are top notch pass rushers, but the offensive line is the one position in the NFL playoffs where talent triumphs over momentum, and a healthy Texans line has the best center in the NFL and a top drawer LT. Plus, Matt Shaub knows that if he's ever gonna prove himself as a QB that can win a Superbowl, he has to start by winning today's game. Let's see if he has a 'killer' gene after all.

Please don't bring up the NHL. I was born with a hockey stick in my rear end and I will not watch a game this year (if they come back). I will eventually come back but I'm tired of these millionaires and billionaires crying over who has to pay for the wine at dinner. They can all go beep themselves right now.Rant over, back to box office.

They have given a big FU to the fans. After the lockout debacle of few years ago, how in the hell are they at the same point again. Bettman needs to be kicked out, second lockout in his watch and strong chance season is completely cancelled. I love NHL and this beyond ridiculous.

I don't think they're mutually exclusive- I love both equally. My two favorite pastimes. I go on here, then I go on ESPN, and vice versa.

Yep, I love both equally. It's a daily routine to get on the forums and then watch ESPN. They're integral part of my daily life, without them my life would be incomplete. :D :D :D
  • Like 1

Minimum domestic total for Django at this point is 150m. Obviously a huge hit for Weinstein. I wouldn't write off SLP just yet. With enough attention from Weinstein it could do very very well in January/February.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

Yep I'm a sports geek, movie geek, tv geek. I like comic books. I love traveling. I like the occasional theatrical production. It's good to have a variety of interests.Plus I'm the owner of an NFL team.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 5

No doubt the Texans have struggled the past month, and if they make it to the next round against the Patriots that's certainly cause for concern. Atkins, Mike Johnson, and Dunlap are top notch pass rushers, but the offensive line is the one position in the NFL playoffs where talent triumphs over momentum, and a healthy Texans line has the best center in the NFL and a top drawer LT. Plus, Matt Shaub knows that if he's ever gonna prove himself as a QB that can win a Superbowl, he has to start by winning today's game. Let's see if he has a 'killer' gene after all.

He had the so called "Killer" gene against Broncos. He was smashed, lost a piece of his ear came right back and threw a TD but that Matt's been on hiatus. If he comes back and then they could even beat the Patriots at Gillette stadium.

Oh wow that's a great expansion for ZD30. 45k PTA from 60 theaters isn't down much from its PTA last weekend from 5 theaters. I may be crazy but I expect very good things next weekend. I feel like everyone's talking about it.

• Like 3

Oh wow that's a great expansion for ZD30. 45k PTA from 60 theaters isn't down much from its PTA last weekend from 5 theaters.I may be crazy but I expect very good things next weekend. I feel like everyone's talking about it.

It's getting free publicity from the Senate so buzz definitely has increased. With it going wide to 2400 theaters, I think 20M OW is possible.
  • Like 1

He had the so called "Killer" gene against Broncos. He was smashed, lost a piece of his ear came right back and threw a TD but that Matt's been on hiatus. If he comes back and then they could even beat the Patriots at Gillette stadium.

Well, the killer gene was once so synonymous with Tom brady that is might as well be called the 'Brady gene' at this point. With the loss in the Superbowl and the Manning hype, there is whispers that the guy is angry and more on a mission than ever before. Tom Brady on the biggest mission of his career is just a terrifying concept. It's the only reason I have the Patriots making the Super Bowl over the Broncos, who most are picking.

• Founder / Operator

Oh wow that's a great expansion for ZD30. 45k PTA from 60 theaters isn't down much from its PTA last weekend from 5 theaters.I may be crazy but I expect very good things next weekend. I feel like everyone's talking about it.

Completely agreed.