baumer

Jurassic Park: The Lost World

27 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Has some great moments the T Rex tent scene. The Raptors in the long grass, Goldblum is still good. But then some really stupid moments. The gymnastics scene. The San Diego sequence. C

It's not terrible but it lacks the magic of the first one. Additionally I wouldn't put all the blame on spielberg, originally he wanted to make the movie different but the studio didn't let him, they wanted less story and far more action/dinosaurs but it seems like that strategy backfired for Universal.

B

This was my first movie theater memorie.

My dad took me at 4 years old to the opening day of The Lost World, it was incredible, a day I will never forget my whole life. Dinosaurs were real. 

its a guilty pleasure of mine. The concept for this is a perfect squeal to Jurassic Park. I love the Cinematography and the music. It is far from Spielberg worst. Being so young and growing up on this its hard for me to watch this now and judge, trying to put a critic face on. I can't.

A-

The music is amazing. it just screams and Adventure.

Edited by Jay Salahi

There was some really bad/annoying/stupid shit in this movie. 

Gymnastics-fu, T-Rex in a city, Goldblum's daughter, Julianne Moore's character, the guy that walks forever to take piss instead of going behind a tree next to the group... basically, most of the movie.  And it doesn't have any "awe" moments that Jurassic Park had.

D

Edited by Shpongle

Even as a kid I thought this one was pretty lackluster. If you take away all the stupid stuff it still lacks the magic and wonder that made the first one so great, or even the guilty entertainment that made the third one semi-enjoyable. It's dull, plain and simple.

The first hour of this was so boring. It got a bit better later on; I got the feeling Spielberg was having a lot of fun with the action sequences in this but just going through the motions on everything else. Putting Goldblum in the lead is a very, very bad idea that I can only compare to Jack Sparrow taking the lead in a Pirates movie; he's fun, but by placing him in the front of everything, he just becomes dull. There's a very good solid 45 min though from them rushing to save the baby T-Rex to leaving the island, but everything before and after is just kinda blah. C+

Edited by Blankments

The first hour of this was so boring. It got a bit better later on; I got the feeling Spielberg was having a lot of fun with the action sequences in this but just going through the motions on everything else. Putting Goldblum in the lead is a very, very bad idea that I can only compare to Jack Sparrow taking the lead in a Pirates movie; he's fun, but by placing him in the front of everything, he just becomes dull. There's a very good solid 45 min though from them rushing to save the baby T-Rex to leaving the island, but everything before and after is just kinda blah. C+

Yeah, they kinda neutered Malcolm.  He went from "always looking for the next ex Mrs. Malcolm," to having a daughter and girlfriend.  

It was also weird at the beginning having Tim and Lex show up for 2 minutes and they all hugged.  I swear I just watched them all and I don't recall a scene where Malcolm and the kids even interacted in the first one.  Now they're all huggy-huggy, I missed you so much??  Please!

Really not that bad of a sequel it's not better than the first one but this one has had a special place in my heart since I was 8 years old and getting the VHS with the T-Rex hologram on the cover. Anyway really cool dinosaur scenes, not a bad story, and Jeff Goldblum and Julianne Moore didn't do too bad jobs as leads. Grade:B+

• Like 1

I really liked JP2:TLW.

Sure it's not as classical and as groundbreaking as the first one. But we get to see Jeff Goldblum returning as his character.

We get to see more new dinosaurs. Even the old ones like the T-Rex and the Raptors.

Also the performances from Julianne Moore, Vanessa Lee Chester, Vince Vaughn...etc...they are pretty good.

A-

If you take out the goofy gymnastics scene, Malcolm's daughter which he never even alluded to having a daughter in the 1st movie, plus the dumb San Diego scene, take those out of the movie and it's actually pretty good..

Actually he says he has three kids while in the car with Grant just before the power cuts out.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros
  • Like 1