Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

These are the films with nominations in all four acting categories, BP, BD, Screenplay:Mrs. MiniverJohnny BelindaSunset BoulevardA Streetcar Named DesireFrom Here to EternityWho's Afraid of Virginia WoolfBonne and ClydeGuess Who's Coming to DinnerNetworkComing HomeRedsSilver Linings Playbook12 films, 2 of which won BP in the end. That's a 1/6 success rate.

And all were more than 30 years ago.

I'm actually thinking it might win (deservedly). Skyfall won't win bc it's Deakins. Django (unworthy anyway) won't win bc he just did last year. Pi will be like tree of life. Lincoln is blah. They need to award a newcomer, and Seamus is so talented.

How's Life of Pi like Tree of Life? I think it falls into that Avatar/Hugo CG-intensive category.

These are the films with nominations in all four acting categories, BP, BD, Screenplay:Mrs. MiniverJohnny BelindaSunset BoulevardA Streetcar Named DesireFrom Here to EternityWho's Afraid of Virginia WoolfBonne and ClydeGuess Who's Coming to DinnerNetworkComing HomeRedsSilver Linings Playbook12 films, 2 of which won BP in the end. That's a 1/6 success rate.

Interesting. At least, it is a rare occurrence that rarely ever happens.

Sad for the Perks and Looper snub for Screenplay ;( Also no Brave songs for Original Song :( In fact for the first time since 2005 that no Disney/Pixar song made it to this category.But I'm very with Quvenzhane Wallis' nomination ;)

How's Life of Pi like Tree of Life? I think it falls into that Avatar/Hugo CG-intensive category.

I meant in the "oh, that's definitely gonna win" sense. It'll sweep the upcoming precursors and ASC. Edited by acsc1312

From Wells:

I was expecting to feel really badly this morning. Now not so much. The nominations are what matter & what sells so hooray for David O. Russell's Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay nominations for Silver Linings Playbook, and also Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro and Jackie Weaver's noms -- four for effing four. Eight nominations in all. That's industry emotion. I knew. And I stood alone, all alone, against an army of haters who are now silent and seething. Bitches!

• Like 1