Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

So this year, are we expecting the well acted, forgettable movie with big dance numbers and a nice copout ending to win over the genuinely important film with tremendous script and performances? Again?Sorry Wells, I'm in Stone's camp this year.

:rofl:

I think the only lock is Amour for Best Foreign film :D

Really hoping to see LOP get BD and or BP. I wonder whether the success of Slumdog has any effect on the chances of another Indian Cast heavy film.

How about Pi wining Best Visual Effects?

Fuck TDKR. Nice to see Skyfall get its deserved Cinematography nom.Team Bombur`s very much alive thanks to insane showing of SLP. Jacki Weaver bitches!SWATH scored well deserved noms. I`m especilly happy about Costumes over TH since SWATH had some insane design for Charlize and TH was boring recycled shit from LOTR. Any hope TH starts falling like a rock now that it didn`t get important noms, while nominees will have great holds?So this just busted 2 myths - AMPAS loves actors-directors (Affleck bit the dust) and ZDT peaked at the perfect time and controversy is only helping (Overatelow bit the dust too).

I made that comment earlier about how far apart in age they are. The biggest age gap ever. And Wallis is the 2nd youngest lead ever behind Jackie Cooper.I do find it amusing s. actor are all repeats.Shocked Affleck is MIA.As for TDKR-not even sound editing...

I made that comment earlier about how far apart in age they are. The biggest age gap ever. And Wallis is the 2nd youngest lead ever behind Jackie Cooper.I do find it amusing s. actor are all repeats.Shocked Affleck is MIA.As for TDKR-not even sound editing...

Not getting into sound editing.Anyone who thinks TDKR wasn't snubbed, go kick rocks.

I'm so happy Anne and Adele are on their way to getting that sweet, well-deserved Oscar glory. The Life of Pi nominations are the icing on my cake. Everything else...

Posted Image

Even though it does warm my heart to see Affleck not get a best director nod and for Leo to remain forever shut out.

Posted Image

I haven't seen Amour or Beasts of the Southern Wild yet, but it's a tragedy that Affleck and Bigelow were left off. The final chase in Argo and one particular scene in the middle of ZDT are absolute masterclasses in directing tension and anticipation- Affleck deserved to win, based on that aiport scene alone.Sad about Leo, but happy for Waltz! Rooting for Django in everything I can, but since it is highly unlikely it takes home best picture, I'd also loved to see Silver Linings Playbook win in that category.

• Like 2