CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

HOW WAS THIS GREENLIT??????

Seriously. I can't think of any logical reason apart from possibly some kind of rights issue. A Ben Hur remake? In 2016? 

There's no viable market for this. The US Christians that see these Christian movies are so old they know to just watch the original. Who the fuck is this for?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

Seriously. I can't think of any logical reason apart from possibly some kind of rights issue. A Ben Hur remake? In 2016? 

There's no viable market for this. The US Christians that see these Christian movies are so old they know to just watch the original. Who the fuck is this for?

Animal Lovers/Animal Rights Activits I guess.

Edited by The Futurist

31 minutes ago, AJG said:

No rights issue. At this point the novel is well in the public domain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Fans of Rodrigo Santoro?

:sadben:

Ya know that abysmal Kellan Lutz direct to video deserving Hercules movie a few years ago? This makes that look like high concept cinema. I'm at a loss for words here for how a classic of epic cinema got turned into this sad 300 by way of Uwe Boll looking mess. :mellow:

Edited by MovieMan89

10 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ya know that abysmal Kellan Lutz direct to video deserving Hercules movie a few years ago? This makes that look like high concept cinema. I'm at a loss for words here for how a classic of epic cinema got turned into this sad 300 by way of Uwe Boll looking mess. :mellow:

lol no. That HERCULES was atrocious.

I was hoping this could have a Gladiator effect and encourage more epic films to be made. Oh well... 

It would be great to have a kind of Gravity/Interestellar film based on ancient times. In the sense of making it more realistic approach (especially battles) instead of the zone of confort this films are settled. I would love to see a film where armor actually works!