CJohn

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back | October 21, 2016 | IMAX confirmed. Trailer on page 7.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jack-reacher-tom-cruise-chinese-1201875188/

Paramount Pictures has announced a joint venture with Huahua Media and Shanghai Film Group on their upcoming Tom Cruise pic “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.”

In addition to its investment, the Huahua/SFG venture will act as the lead China marketing partner for the film along with Paramount China, with the goal of building off of the first film’s box office success in China.

Edited by HesAPooka

10 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Im expecting 20-25m OW 

Well, the other one got 15m OW and ended up with a 5x multiplier, 80m. It was December though, so if this ones wants to reach 80m as well I think a 25m OW at least is required and I think it might get it as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Well, the other one got 15m OW and ended up with a 5x multiplier, 80m. It was December though, so if this ones wants to reach 80m as well I think a 25m OW at least is required and I think it might get it as well.

True if we factor in First movies goodwill for sure its gonna open above 15m...worst case may be 20 but not less than that

yup 3-3.5x multiplier possible! 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2016 at 4:37 AM, HesAPooka said:

Unpopular opinion but I think this movie is being under tracked. Cruise movies always seem to be a bit under tracked for some reason.

TC opening weekend in the last 10 years, excluding the MI series:

Lions for lambs 6M

Valkyrie 21M

Knight and day 20M

Rock of Ages 14M

Jack Reacher 15M

Oblivion 37M

Edge of Tomorrow 28M

Man,he's made some stinkers in the last 10 years. Except for Edge of tomorrow. That one is awesome!

So, considering these numbers i say 20M OW for JR2 would be really good.

Edited by Alli

No he hasn't. The low openings were supporting roles. He has never had a wide opening under 20m the past decade. The first Reacher did 15m, but that was a holiday release and had a decent WoM and multiplier. This will open around 22-25m. Expecting 300m WW, improvement from the first one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

. The first Reacher did 15m, but that was a holiday release.  This will open around 22-25m. .

Valkyrie was also a Christmas release and that did 21M. And he played a nazi in that one. JR was an action movie based on a hugely successful series of books. It sold over 100M worldwide.  Face it, 15M was a piss poor opening.

Why would JR2 increase?

Anyway, the reviews will also be important.  The first one wasn't well liked. The sequel seems unnecessary to me.

Edited by Alli