CJohn

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back | October 21, 2016 | IMAX confirmed. Trailer on page 7.

On 9/7/2016 at 10:49 PM, Jay Hollywood said:

This runtimes is  BS. No way its that long and they have Dr. strange that long, which Marvel would never ever let happen to a solo film. 

Plus that is the cast for the first Jack Reacher movie

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Im wondering how this movies gonna fare OS!!! :thinking: 30-32 mkts release in its first weekend surprisingly Mexico is last market Nov 25th China rels not yet decided i guess mostly year end or next year depends upon quota 

Chinese release date is Oct.21.Paramount confirmed that.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Can it do JB numbers if it gets very good WOM? 

That is difficult.I think it will make $25m–$35m.

The first Jack Reacher film we call "侠探杰克"(Detective Jack) in Chinese.Paramount planed to give a new Chinese name for Jack Reacher: Never Go Back because the first one didn't earn much money(The Chinese subtitle was terrible).The official Chinese title of JR2 was "谍影侠探:永不回头"(The Spy's Shadow of the Detective: Never Go Back  /  One thing you should know, Jason Bourne series in Chinese is "谍影重重",which means The Spy's Shadow You Can't Catch.) but they changed back to "侠探杰克:永不回头" after Jason Bourne didn't earn enough money and reviews.

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Like 2

That's very good to hear :).
To me Jack Reacher was a very positive surprise and I will definitely see the sequel in theaters.
I didn't watch the first Reacher in cinema because of the mediocre trailers, the only decent reviews and the partly negative buzz (T. Cruise is too small to play this figure etc. etc...). After seeing the movie on DVD I regretted it. So even if I think Jack Reacher will get ok to good reviews they won't matter to me either way.
And this time the trailers look good IMO.

When it comes to the boxoffice numbers it's probably true that it will decline a little bit in the US due to the release date. Except the reviews and/or WOM continue to be very good.
OS it should do the same numbers or better. I can only report from the biggest movie websites in Germany and what I've heard otherwise and that is pretty positive (around 4/5). Jack Reacher is now a little brand name here.
And if it's true that it gets 25-35M in China this time that would really be a nice increase.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1