Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

has anyone actually read the official synopsis for this movie?

Each year at Christmas they disrupt his tranquil solitude with their increasingly bigger, brighter and louder celebrations. When the Whos declare they are going to make Christmas three times bigger this year, the Grinch realizes there is only one way for him to gain some peace and quiet: he must steal Christmas. To do so, he decides he will pose as Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, even going so far as to trap a lackadaisical misfit reindeer to pull his sleigh. Meanwhile, down in Who-ville, Cindy-Lou Who-a young girl overflowing with holiday cheer-plots with her gang of friends to trap Santa Claus as he makes his Christmas Eve rounds so that she can thank him for help for her overworked single mother. As Christmas approaches, however, her good-natured scheme threatens to collide with the Grinch's more nefarious one. Will Cindy-Lou achieve her goal of finally meeting Santa Claus? Will the Grinch succeed in silencing the Whos' holiday cheer once and for all?
  •  

the emphasis on "single mother" i know what's gonna happen here the grinch is gonna end up being her stepdad go and put money on it.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 4
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, HerediTele said:

What does "thank him for help for her over-worked single mother" even mean?

Santa helps give her toys and things she wants that her mother can't afford, so Cindy Lou Who wants to capture Santa to say thanks...I guess? But really, she could easily just mail a letter to him, there doesn't need to be any of this "capture" nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Holiday legs should carry it to a very respectable total though I'm still not seeing a huge breakout like a few are predicting. I think its gross will end up closer to Sing than SLOP. OS gross will probably be quite low compared to Illumination's other films considering the live-action Grinch seriously underperformed outside the domestic market.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

has anyone actually read the official synopsis for this movie?

the emphasis on "single mother" i know what's gonna happen here the grinch is gonna end up being her stepdad go and put money on it.

And memories of the Cat in the Hat being sexually attracted to the kids mother in that abomination of a movie comes to mind.

I had no real interest in the film before, but reading that synopsis will make me actively avoid this film.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

This looks like it'll be typical Illumination mediocrity, but it'll make a crap load of money regardless. Illumination's marketing is relentless. 

You are too kind. That symoposis moves the meter from probable mediocrity to probable abomination.

18 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

they're basically doing despicable me again i guess. i mean whatever who cares it's gonna make a billion dollars and we can all go fuck ourselves. 

Maybe, but they won't get a dime of my money.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, Empire said:

Doesn’t look that good, but at least it looks better than the awful Jim Carrey Grinch. 

I disagree. DId not care for the Carrey film much, but at least they stuck to the  book, and did not create an "Origin Story" for the Grinch.