Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

They're doing things the easy way. Again.

So the film will be neither great nor terrible.

Again.

:bash:

In all honestly, if they approach the climactic and emotional ending with legitimacy, I'll be happy. But if they manage to ruin that, then we're going to have a problem.

One other thing that I'm disappointed about is the title of the film. It's just Dr. Seuss' The Grinch. It'd be a long title, but a better title, in my opinion, would've been the fuller one: Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Because that's the story. That's the whole point.

But it's only a minor issue that I guess I'm willing to overlook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slambros said:

One other thing that I'm disappointed about is the title of the film. It's just Dr. Seuss' The Grinch. It'd be a long title, but a better title, in my opinion, would've been the fuller one: Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Because that's the story. That's the whole point.

But it's only a minor issue that I guess I'm willing to overlook.

It's worth noting the 2000 movie was just referred to as "The Grinch" in a lot of marketing, too, but technically had the full title in the opening of the movie itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar case for this movie. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blipsy said:

It's worth noting the 2000 movie was just referred to as "The Grinch" in a lot of marketing, too, but technically had the full title in the opening of the movie itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar case for this movie. 

I hope so...

As for the spot itself...meh. For one thing, it's hard for me to feel anything about a 30-second spot that features zero footage from the actual movie, and is meant to promote the Olympics as much as the movie itself. It's kind of weird seeing the Grinch live in an actual house (Is he still going to be in a cave in the actual movie, or did they just put him in a house for the TV spot?), but that's about all I can say about it.

Has a kids test screening on Saturday @Telehilation

SPECIAL SCREENING We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to participate in a free,
pre-release film screening scheduled to take place in Orange, CA on Saturday,
Mar 03, 2018 at 2:00 PM. 

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch

Age group: Adults bringing up to 4 kids 6-12 year olds

20 City Blvd. W.
Orange, CA 92868

• Sad 1